snow!!!!!

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

snow!!!!!

Post by Dogdad »

Well it had to happen, It snowed last night and through out the day. Yoshi and Maxwell got to walk through it twice. They were especially putzy, smelling the air with what looked like grins on their faces. It is too warm on the ground for it to stay but within a month we will have the white stuff. I think this year the first snow fall is about 2 weeks early. The predictions are for a longer snowier winter. The boys will be thrilled. I personally will deal because it makes those two so happy

David
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: snow!!!!!

Post by fillyok »

I'm glad you're the one that has to "deal" with it David. I don't think I could stand months of snow. It was pretty cool here today and the pack was especially frisky on their walk this morning. Ping wasn't sure which side of the street to be watching out for with all the Halloween decorations and windchimes blowing. (~~) :shock: (~~)
chris

Post by chris »

WE HAD SNOW WE HAD SNOW!!!!.... nothing sticking though.. but it was snowing. :-) I have to go out and buy a new winter jacket for Roxi... lol
Cara&Haley
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cara&Haley »

I can't wait for snow to come to the Pacific NW... C&H has never seen it before!
Chingshouse
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chingshouse »

Can you send some to Florida?? Ching loved the snow and I would love for Ming to play in it!!!!

Barb :)
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

how wonderful to have an early snow teaser for the boys! We don't get snow here but at least it was cool enough to take our 2 out for an early evening run! Love pictures of your two in the snow!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

NO!

Not Snow yet :-x I know Henry will love it when it's here. There are flurries in the forecast and have been for about 2 weeks (I think they start mentioning flurries early so people buy winter tyres personally).

But this brit abroad would like another 5 or 6 weeks of brown grass and pavement beneath her feet, before she starts a-slipping and a-sliding around and before the snow creeps down the boots and around the ankles and before the snow shovel has to come out and before two pairs of pants, 3 sweaters, a down coat, 2 pairs of gloves a hat a hood and a scarf are the norm for a 30 min walk and before the eyelashes stick together and the nose hairs freeze. Pleeeeaaase just a little longer before the pretty fluffy stuff floats to the gorund :lol:
Thank you Sweatpea
sdasilva27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sdasilva27 »

When we lived up north and were blessed with Baloo, I remember him diving into the snow face first. He'd come back up with snow all over his nose and muzzle. He loved to eat it.

Maybe this is why they invented frosty paws!
fergie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by fergie »

We got snow here on Sunday it was snowing almost all morning, By the afternoon it was all gone. I am excited to see how furgy plays in it. My husband old chow bear loved the snow. He was so happy to be put outside even if it was belove zero. My Snoopy on the other hand, does her business then runs right back in, unless you but a sweater on her then she will stay outside and play with the kids. My kids love the snow and I know they will have so much fun with Furgy!!
Thanks Sweatpea
Dogs feel very strongly that they should always go with you in the car, in case the need should arise for them to bark violently at nothing right in your ear.
Tabatha
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

No snow down here yet :lol: :lol: Surprised??? :lol: :lol: But I can tell you it is much colder eariler this yr since we are usually taking the kids trick or treating sweating our butts off and most of us have our heaters on already. Kinda strange for us.......

Thanks Sweetpea!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Oh Vicky.
brrrrr what is it there 60 degrees :lol: just got back from morning walkies, 27 beautuful degrees.

David
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

:laughloud: Why thats right David, how did you know :shock: ........I ain't goin' out there its TOOO COLD :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Yup, ain't nothing like a bunch of Southerners sliding around in the snow....we shut her down here too :lol: :lol: I'm sure my girls would LOVE a good romp in the white stuff too though. We did have a white Christmas a few yrs ago :shock: And it stuck for a while.....that was about as freaky as the weather gets around here :shock: :shock:

Thanks Sweetpea!