Deputy shoots dog, was it right or wrong?

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

weenis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Deputy shoots dog, was it right or wrong?

Post by weenis »

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Deputy shoots dog, was it right or wrong?

Post by Jeff&Peks »

What discussion? Sheriff trigger happy Joe Bob got busted now they should lock him up for felony animal abuse or at least fire his dumb a^s. At the least make him loose some wieght so he could have gotten back in the car. Cops like that are a danger to the public.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Just another case of an idiot with a gun (and a badge) that thinks because they have a weapon that they're going to win. I bet Job Bob never thought the homeowner would have a security system that would capture his stupidity (on her property). Hopefully Bruiser's owner gets justice and JB DumbA** gets fired!
weenis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by weenis »

1. Looks to me like the dog was attacking.
2. Looks to me like the dog was completely unrestrained.
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Looks to me like the dog was on his own property and the officer was trespassing.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

weenis wrote:1. Looks to me like the dog was attacking.
Looks to me like that would be the answer I was expecting from you. Besides guns what goes on in that empty head.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
weenis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by weenis »

Trespassing is not an issue in the given situation.

Also, it could be argued that the officers entered the dogs restrained area. But as the video tape shows, there's no gate to the property.
weenis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by weenis »

Jeff&Peks wrote:
Looks to me like that would be the answer I was expecting from you. Besides guns what goes on in that empty head.
Keep it cordial moron.

I think this is a valid discussion.
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Trespassing is a legal term that can refer to a wide variety of offenses against a person or against property. Trespassing as it relates to real estate law means entering onto land without consent of the landowner. The lady never called for the sheriff, therefore, he was on her property without her permission.

Calling someone a moron isn't very cordial. And I think you only enjoy this kind of discussion because you think it angers some of us when you bring up weapons. I already told you once that I'm not anti-gun. As a matter of fact, I grew up in Oklahoma (not far from where Bruiser was killed) in a home that had plenty of weapons. In my limited experience with people and weapons, there seems to be a link with people that glorify weapons and inferiority complexes.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

weenis wrote:
Jeff&Peks wrote:
Keep it cordial moron.

I think this is a valid discussion.
You should be thanking us for responding to you instead of calling names, we already knew what your discussion would turn into. Your Rambo stupidity intrigues me thats the only reason I answered you.

ImageImage
weenis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by weenis »

fillyok wrote:Trespassing is a legal term that can refer to a wide variety of offenses against a person or against property. Trespassing as it relates to real estate law means entering onto land without consent of the landowner. The lady never called for the sheriff, therefore, he was on her property without her permission.
You forgot to post the rest of that paragraph.
There are both criminal and civil trespass laws. Criminal trespass law is enforced by police, sheriffs, or park rangers. Civil trespass requires that the landowner initiate a private enforcement action in court to collect any damages for which the trespasser may be responsible, regardless of whether a crime has been committed. Traditionally, for either type of trespass, some level of intent is required. Thus, the trespasser must not simply unwittingly traverse another's land but must knowingly go onto the property without permission. Knowledge may be inferred when the owner tells the trespasser not to go on the land, when the land is fenced, or when a "no trespassing" sign in posted. A trespasser would probably not be prosecuted if the land was open, the trespasser's conduct did not substantially interfere with the owner's use of the property, and the trespasser left immediately on request.
No knowledge was inferred, thus, the trespasser's conduct did not substantially interfere with the owners use of the property.
chris

Post by chris »

First off, you have got to be kidding me... he is a cop.. in that county.. he pulls up to a civilians home to ASK DIRECTIONS? How about calling dispatch you weirdo cop.
secondly, I doubt that dog was going to attack... probably was thinking.. "oohhh, someone new to play with!" that police officer over reacted.
thirdly, is it legal to bring a relative, buddy and or friend to drive around in the squad car with you while you are on duty?

Did you listen to the report... when the woman called the cop on it and told him she had survalence of the incident... he changes his story.... =;

I hope he gets reprimanded some how.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

There's nothing worse then a wanna be cop they always seem to relate Law enforcement with guns and shooting, the bad part is they become security guards at wal-mart. There was a guy in Oakland that made it half way through the police academy then they found out he was gun crazy and kicked him out, 3 months later he was arrested for having illegal arms in his home. The police weren't even there for him they were responding to another call and this guy was interfering so much they brought him to his home for questioning then found all these illegal weapons laying around... Sound familiar Weenis?

ImageImage
weenis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by weenis »

Jeff&Peks wrote:There's nothing worse then a wanna be cop they always seem to relate Law enforcement with guns and shooting, the bad part is they become security guards at wal-mart.
I'm a systems administrator, switching fields isn't really beneficial to me at this point.
Jeff&Peks wrote:The police weren't even there for him they were responding to another call and this guy was interfering so much they brought him to his home for questioning then found all these illegal weapons laying around... Sound familiar Weenis?
Everything I own is legal.
chris wrote:First off, you have got to be kidding me... he is a cop.. in that county.. he pulls up to a civilians home to ASK DIRECTIONS? How about calling dispatch you weirdo cop.
secondly, I doubt that dog was going to attack... probably was thinking.. "oohhh, someone new to play with!" that police officer over reacted.
The dog looked like it was moving pretty fast to me, and it does look like he waited till the very last second to fire.
chris wrote:thirdly, is it legal to bring a relative, buddy and or friend to drive around in the squad car with you while you are on duty?
Yes, it's called a citizen ride-along.

Thirdly? I must have missed "secondly".
chris wrote:Did you listen to the report... when the woman called the cop on it and told him she had survalence of the incident... he changes his story.... =;

I hope he gets reprimanded some how.
The report was written from one side of the story, I hardly remember hearing anything from the law enforcement agency.
fergie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by fergie »

I think he was in the worng!! But what really got to me is he never bothered to get or try to get in contact with the owner. He should have made a report. You don't just go shot someone's animal then leave like nothing ever happened. I am so glad that lady have video surveillance!!
Thanks Sweatpea
Dogs feel very strongly that they should always go with you in the car, in case the need should arise for them to bark violently at nothing right in your ear.
Tabatha
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

I think he was wrong as well. HE could have gotten back in his car instead of shooting. He was right next to the door. I agree that leaving without saying a word is cowardly. If he really believed he was in the right in shooting that dog he wouldn't have slunk away like a chicken.
SweetPea Rocks!!
weenis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by weenis »

fergie wrote:I think he was in the worng!! But what really got to me is he never bothered to get or try to get in contact with the owner. He should have made a report. You don't just go shot someone's animal then leave like nothing ever happened. I am so glad that lady have video surveillance!!
He filed a report, he didn't just leave the scene.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

weenis wrote:
fergie wrote:I think he was in the worng!! But what really got to me is he never bothered to get or try to get in contact with the owner. He should have made a report. You don't just go shot someone's animal then leave like nothing ever happened. I am so glad that lady have video surveillance!!
How do you know he filled report or what the cop did after he shot the dog, Weenis has his own version of the story why look at the video just ask weenis what happened.

ImageImage
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

weenis wrote:
How do you know he filled report or what the cop did after he shot the dog, Weenis has his own version of the story why look at the video just ask weenis what happened.

ImageImage
weenis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by weenis »

Jeff&Peks wrote:
weenis wrote:
Because-

1. The news said he did.
2. Officers are required to file a report when there's a discharge of the firearm, if he shot the dog and just drove away, that would be bigger news than the dog being shot in the first place.

Quit with the ad hominem attacks already...
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

[quote="weenis
Because-1. The news said he did.
2. Officers are required to file a report when there's a discharge of the firearm, if he shot the dog and just drove away, that would be bigger news than the dog being shot in the first place.

Quit with the ad hominem attacks already...[/quote]

Unless you have a differant news sorce then the Video it didn't say anything about him filling a report and as far as required to file a report you watch to many movies, CSI isn't live action news.

ImageImage
weenis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by weenis »

Jeff&Peks wrote:
weenis wrote: Because-1. The news said he did.

Quit with the ad hominem attacks already...
Unless you have a differant news sorce then the Video it didn't say anything about him filling a report and as far as required to file a report you watch to many movies, CSI isn't live action news.
The video source given doesn't say a report wasn't filed. But that information seemed to pop up here in this thread. So either someone made something up, or an outside source was used.
fergie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by fergie »

I assumed that he did not file a report, because it said nothing about it. In the womens words she thought that he thought that he was going to get away with it and no one would no. So I assumed that he did not a file a report, that she came home found her dog murdered in her driveway. Watched the video saw who had shot her dog then called the station to ask questions, that's when he made up the story. Weenis you had wrote that he filed a report where did you get that???????? It never said that in the video I watched!!!!
Thanks Sweatpea
Dogs feel very strongly that they should always go with you in the car, in case the need should arise for them to bark violently at nothing right in your ear.
Tabatha
weenis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by weenis »

fergie wrote:I assumed that he did not file a report, because it said nothing about it. In the womens words she thought that he thought that he was going to get away with it and no one would no. So I assumed that he did not a file a report, that she came home found her dog murdered in her driveway. Watched the video saw who had shot her dog then called the station to ask questions, that's when he made up the story. Weenis you had wrote that he filed a report where did you get that???????? It never said that in the video I watched!!!!
From the video-
the sheriff's department claimed the dog was trying to attack the deputy.
I think the argument for it being filed in a report or not is irrelevant. If i were to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that a report was filed, would it sway your opinion in any direction? No, you would find something else that you felt wasn't right with the situation.

So, without further ado, what is that "something else"?
fergie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by fergie »

weenis wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FFlWGeb_aw

Open Discussion!

I feel he was wrong that is my opinion. I never said it was yours or you had to except it!
Don't write open discussion if your not open for disscussion.
Instead your are trying to get everyone to feel the way you do.
Sorry but not everyone here feels the same way you do.
Everyone has there own opinion.
That was mine. If he wasn't in the wrong then why did they offer her money,
and ask her not to show the tape to anyone??????? If he felt that he was not in the wrong
then her showing the tape would not have matter to them! That is why I felt he was in the wrong.
Yeah I don't know the cops side of the story but he did not want to share it. So the only side
I know is the womens. The vidoe tape to me, I didn't not feel the dog was going to attack.
And the officer did not look to threated to me. BUT THAT IS MY OPNION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Sweatpea
Tabatha