Vicster

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Vicster

Post by vicster605 »

WAAAHOOO Internet at last!!! I am sitting here in tears....thanks so much for the concern and prayers.......we are safe and sound in a nice Condo in Hot Springs Ark.
I am very worried about Nita as I think this storm got closer to her than first thought as I think Baton Rouge took a beating and she is pretty close to there. Hope she checks in soon or calls me [-o|
I can't explain the helplessness that we feel when we are on the run and the lack of information is just HORRIBLE :cry: :cry: We only have CNN and the Weather Channel to go by and they don't get specific about ANYTHING or concentrate on places we aren't interested in seeing like the Ninth Ward as that isn't by us. Then the cell phone situation :twisted: They don't work when you NEED them too..... I have yet to get the radio station Nita told me about and a friend told me that they set up a TV Channel much like they did for Katrina only it is on Dish and we don't have that :roll: From what little info we have gotten we think our home is safe and not flooded. Too soon to say for sure.....levees break and tides change.....the levee close to our home is unfinished and we were spared from Katrina because of the way it came in, the Ms River levee by us held up....if this one would have come in where the levee wasn't finished it would have flooded us out but we think the surge wasn't as bad and came in at Lafayette.
Our son has spoken to some of our public officials and they said not much damage and no flooding and he was able to get a call through to us (his family is in Atlanta).....so WAAHHOOOOO......ummm I think :roll:
It is pouring down rain here and is expected to rain until Sat. with 30-40 mile an hr winds.....with flash flood warnings LOL Don't think we will worry about that LOL!!! What is scaring the crap out of us is IKE and the other storms out there......haven't figured out WHEN IKE is supposed to move into the Gulf and I can't tell you how sick to my stomach it makes me feel to think about it, and wonder if and WHEN we get back home if we are going to have to turn around and do this all AGAIN :cry: :cry: I wish the thing would come on and get it over with and we could just stay put here.
LOL TOGETHERNESS
Ever travel with most of your family and 5 dogs??? :lol: :lol: The family is doing fine the OTHER dogs are driving me CRAZY!!!!Lily the Boxer stayed behind with Keith's hunting friends to help us out, WONDERFUL PEOPLE =D= =D= Can you imagine having all of us pull in your driveway and don't know any of us except Keith :shock: BRAVE PEOPLE :lol: They treated us like family and didn't complain about all the dogs =D= =D=
My step daughter has a Pug who is just a puppy NOT potty trained and the Chawaaaawaaa mix who isn't either.....THEN Kyra thinks one of them is a squirrel :shock: :shock: Both males who want to sniff Kyra's woooowoooo and she DOESN'T APPRECIATE IT :lol: :lol:
Heres the BEST PART!!! Kearra & Kyra have been on their BEST BEHAVIOR being loving and sweet sisters.....haven't had EITHER of them crated and they are staying in the same room LOL we are using our crate for the lil' yappers. Such GOOD GIRLS!!!! Poor lil Kearra has been freaked out and actually sat in my lap yesterday for over 2 hrs....she is my aloof girl and has NEVER sat in my lap nor gotten on furniture.....she has been very clingy. But since we have arrived at the condo they have both been a bit better as all of our stuff is in our room so they are content to just sleep in our room with the door shut unless out to potty.....we take turns letting them out inside the condo because of the lil' yappers that NOBOBY is watching.....and I'm afraid Kyra will eat one of them, she postured and snapped at them a couple of times....don't want to take a chance on it. :roll: Now we have to go potty in a strange place in the rain with the wind blowin' and its not working so well as Kyra doesn't like to potty in strange places much less in the rain with the wind blowin' so I keep getting SOAKED and she keeps NOT GOING POTTY #-o
All I can say is THANK GOD for xanax and so far THANK GOD for not taking our home away at least not this time if our info is correct.
Thank You again for your concern and prayers
HUGS from Kearra, Kyra and me

Thanks Sweetpea!
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

so happy you and your family are safe.thinking of you and your family and keep us posted.
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Woooooohoooooooo So glad to hear from you and as usual your posts crack me up. :shock: It really does sound like NO didn't get hit too bad...as far as not being bad in a hurricane kinda way. I sure hope Nita checks in soon.
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

I'm pretty sure Nita is without power....hopefully she just can't use her computer
Nita, now I'm worried about you [:D]

Thanks Sweetpea!
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

She did mention generators...hopefully everything's alright.
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

vicki happy to hear from ya!! Glad the girls are behaving :D
SweetPea Rocks!!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Thanks Tammy hope it stays that way and we don't have any family fudes LOL!!

So here is the problem for the day......Kyra hasn't peed today (that I know of, pretty sure she hasn't) and I keep taking her out and its pouring down rain, with the wind blowin'.....don't know where exactly we are.....and don't know what to do about it.....anyone know???? I keep gettin' soaked and she keeps getttin' soaked but NO BUSINESS....at all today....Kearra pees when I take her out but no poop for 2 days....GEEZ I know a crappy subject....right?? Should I worry??? I know they are out of sorts but Kyra makes me worry....shes acting fine otherwise......
Then next problem...we hear we even have power at our house and they aren't LETTING ANYONE come back until THURS. something like 120,000 people all trying to go home at once LOVELY we have the condo till Sun but could go home sooner...work...etc. Then they say IKE is heading into the Gulf on Tues.....GREAT NAME....GEEZZZZZ!!!! Head home or stay until Sun....make new reservations or wait?? Yup, problems problems problems......think I finally have to dh talked into moving though LOL!!!

Thanks Sweetpea!
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

vicster605 wrote: Head home or stay until Sun....make new reservations or wait?? Yup, problems problems problems......think I finally have to dh talked into moving though LOL!!!
Yay, Vic!! \:D/
Housing glut in TN and any number of hospitals in Nashville for work (tho most say Vanderbilt is the best), come here.
But stay put til Ike leaves.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
momtobear
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by momtobear »

I agree. stay until Ike leaves.
Baby Bear we miss you!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

OMG my dh just said that we will head home on Sun and they will have a hard time getting him to leave for the next one :shock: NOT ME.....I will head out with furkids and grandkids just like I did for this one LOL!!! I don't care if its the day after I get home either. Did I tell anyone that I HATE WHERE I LIVE??? I would give anything to live in Tenn. am a country girl at heart and LOVE the hills, seasons, snow etc but the dh will NEVER leave his family #-o If we get to move it will be to Ms where we bought property after Katrina and then dh changed his mind about moving there :roll: HIGHER GROUND sounds GREAT to me, NO FREAKIN' LEVEES LOL!!!! Doesn't flood there just would have to worry about tornado's....and we could build a hurricane resistant house....for wind damage that is........

Thanks Sweetpea!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Vicster,

I am so relieved, as for the girls they will do their business when the have too. I wouldn't worry to much but if there is a break in the rain take them for a short walk away from where you are and I bet they will do it. I have been at work all day so not much info on Ike but was watching the weather channel and cnn all weekend, so glad things in NO are as good as it sounds.

David
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Hi David :D I missed you by the way......Your right its just that it hasn't stopped raining ALL day and it doesn't look like its going too......pic this.....Vic outside with umbrella blowin' inside out, wind blowin like crazy and one soakin' wet Chow that wants to sniff all around being all picky about her spot #-o Now I'm soakin' wet and Kyra is soakin' wet......that happened about 5 times today with her finally deciding JUST NOW, to pee......she stood there for 10 mins peein' then changed spots and lifted her leg peed some more then changed spots again and peed some more LOL as I stood there with my umbrella blowin' inside out, rain blowin' sideways, soakin' wet.....I swear it hasn't stopped even for a little while today.....you know those days, heard its supposed to be like that here until Sat :roll: So much for checkin' out Hot Springs :lol: :lol: But someone called us and said to go and have a soak at Bath House Row......heard it was heavenly along with a massage and something about some HOT towels....ummmm NOW YA TALKIN"!!! Maybe tomorrow \:D/ Of course Bath House Row where I come from wouldn't be someplace I would want to visit :lol: :lol:
They will have a better pic of what Ike is going to do over the weekend......God I hope this one goes to Mexico....not that I would wish anything bad on anyone else....but we get VERY TIRED.....figure gas money, place to stay and missed work into that and now you can understand why staying home is what alot of people will do because they can't do anything else :cry:

Thanks Sweetpea!
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

vicster605 wrote:Thanks Tammy hope it stays that way and we don't have any family fudes LOL!!

So here is the problem for the day......Kyra hasn't peed today (that I know of, pretty sure she hasn't) and I keep taking her out and its pouring down rain, with the wind blowin'.....don't know where exactly we are.....and don't know what to do about it.....anyone know???? I keep gettin' soaked and she keeps getttin' soaked but NO BUSINESS....at all today....Kearra pees when I take her out but no poop for 2 days....GEEZ I know a crappy subject....right?? Should I worry??? I know they are out of sorts but Kyra makes me worry....shes acting fine otherwise......
Then next problem...we hear we even have power at our house and they aren't LETTING ANYONE come back until THURS. something like 120,000 people all trying to go home at once LOVELY we have the condo till Sun but could go home sooner...work...etc. Then they say IKE is heading into the Gulf on Tues.....GREAT NAME....GEEZZZZZ!!!! Head home or stay until Sun....make new reservations or wait?? Yup, problems problems problems......think I finally have to dh talked into moving though LOL!!!
You can start worrying after four days with no poop, and they really should pee every 12 hours at least, or else they might get a UTI. I had one that wouldn't poop when we went on a trip, back then I let them ride in the back of the truck and left the sliding window open. He would always poop in the back of the truck on the way home, I knew when he did it too, cause him and the female both would come flying in the cab and stay there! #-o

Are there any trails you could walk them on, woods and long walks usually are productive. Try not to get mad at them, they know it and it only makes it worse.
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

LOL Sam, I haven't gotten mad at them yet but have to laugh cuz I'm sure we are a sight :lol: :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

vicster605 wrote:OMG my dh just said that we will head home on Sun and they will have a hard time getting him to leave for the next one :shock: NOT ME.....I will head out with furkids and grandkids just like I did for this one LOL!!! I don't care if its the day after I get home either. Did I tell anyone that I HATE WHERE I LIVE??? I would give anything to live in Tenn. am a country girl at heart and LOVE the hills, seasons, snow etc but the dh will NEVER leave his family #-o If we get to move it will be to Ms where we bought property after Katrina and then dh changed his mind about moving there :roll: HIGHER GROUND sounds GREAT to me, NO FREAKIN' LEVEES LOL!!!! Doesn't flood there just would have to worry about tornado's....and we could build a hurricane resistant house....for wind damage that is........
Tennessee is alot cheaper to live if you get out in the rural areas, the problem is making a living. They are putting a new four lane in up where I am, that will bring in new business, but may take a while. It's in the valley too, so other than getting snowed in, it isn't too bad as far as weather. I guess it would be a major problem if a tornado got down in the valley and couldn't get out though! :shock: Let me know if you talk him into moving, land is reasonable up that way, and there is about 50 square miles of national forrest the dogs can run till they drop in. 8)
Sam

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

They do have lots of nursing homes up that way Vicster, you might could do part time work and make some good bucks! \:D/
Sam

vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

I won't be able to talk him into Tenn. Sam....he hates snow and cold. Keith is a sand and beach kind of person....I took him to Gatlingburg in a standard yrs ago and then MADE HIM DRIVE :shock: :lol: :lol: I drove all night and he went to sleep, was workin' night shift at the time.....hysterical!!!! I LOVE the mountains but I haven't been able to make him feel the same.....even saved up and got an Alaskian cruise for him for his 50th and he still wasn't impressed :roll: My brother lives in Ky and I have always been in love with the hills. I could be a hillbilly without loosin' a beat LOL!!!

Thanks Sweetpea!
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

The country is alot slower pace than the big city, when I was up there this weekend I couldn't believe how laid back everything is compared to Atlanta. There are plenty of curvy roads up there too, Buddy always gets sick when we get to this one area, he almost made it this time before be blew chunks though, another half mile and he would have been home free, or rather I would have, I had to clean up the mess! :roll:
Sam

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

vicster605 wrote:I won't be able to talk him into Tenn. Sam....he hates snow and cold. Keith is a sand and beach kind of person....I took him to Gatlingburg in a standard yrs ago and then MADE HIM DRIVE :shock: :lol: :lol: I drove all night and he went to sleep, was workin' night shift at the time.....hysterical!!!! I LOVE the mountains but I haven't been able to make him feel the same.....even saved up and got an Alaskian cruise for him for his 50th and he still wasn't impressed :roll: My brother lives in Ky and I have always been in love with the hills. I could be a hillbilly without loosin' a beat LOL!!!

Hey, doesn't he like to hunt? If you got land in the right place you just take off walking out the back door and go hunting, or sit in a lawn chair in the back yard, lots of great hunting areas up there. You could haul in a few loads of sand. :lol:
Sam

vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Yup he comes up here to Arkansas EVERY yr......and he was even offered to buy some land to hunt on .....NO DEAL
My daughter, just came in my room and said Mom if it ever turns into just us again we can move to the mountains together...she loves it in the hills too :lol: :lol: LOL guess opposites attract :lol: :lol: If he doesn't get me away from the levees SOON he might find his rasss divorced.....I'm sick of feelin' like I'm gonna loose EVERYTHING and sitting somewhere waiting to see IF I did or not :twisted: The most HELPLESS feeling you could EVER HAVE!!! Then add...... OK you can only have a car load of your belongings to take with you WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BRING??? I promise you that you would walk around in circles for a while......I even got to the point this time where I said Just leave me here.......I don't care, and when the water comes up I'll just swan dive off the roof :cry: Very depressing :cry: LOL!!! A bit dramatic LOL!!! And funny now but I was dead serious at the time #-o

Thanks Sweetpea!
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

I was thinking about what you did as far as what things to take, that can't be easy! I have a 14' cargo van, so I could really load up, but most don't have that luxury. Guess U-haul sales go nuts down there when that happens? You wouldn't believe how many cars and trucks were on the interstate loaded down when I went to Tenn. this weekend, seemed like half the cars on the road were from down there.

Maybe you'll have to give him the "or else" talk, those don't always work out in your favor though. :lol:
Sam

pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

I'm so glad things are OK, as far as you know, and hope you don't have to worry about any more of those hurricanes. Hurricanes are one reason I'm in no rush to move to Florida (Forrest would be there in a minute). Ideally I'd like to live in the north during the summer and the south in the winter. Maybe you could at least talk your husband into leaving during hurricane season? One of my friends has done the traveling nurse thing. I truly can't imagine having to pack up and leave, not knowing what would be there when you return. Glad the "girls" are getting along, if not always doing what they are supposed to do outside in a timely manner. Charlie says to tell Kyra and Kearra: chihuahua's are not dog food.
courtsey of Sweetpea
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

vicster605 wrote:....Your right its just that it hasn't stopped raining ALL day and it doesn't look like its going too......pic this.....Vic outside with umbrella blowin' inside out, wind blowin like crazy and one soakin' wet Chow that wants to sniff all around being all picky about her spot #-o Now I'm soakin' wet and Kyra is soakin' wet......that happened about 5 times today with her finally deciding JUST NOW, to pee......she stood there for 10 mins peein' then changed spots and lifted her leg peed some more then changed spots again and peed some more LOL as I stood there with my umbrella blowin' inside out, rain blowin' sideways, soakin' wet.....: But someone called us and said to go and have a soak at Bath House Row......heard it was heavenly along with a massage and something about some HOT towels....ummmm NOW YA TALKIN"!!! Maybe tomorrow \:D/ Of course Bath House Row where I come from wouldn't be someplace I would want to visit :lol: :lol:
They will have a better pic of what Ike is going to do over the weekend......:
Vicky, glad kyra went pee, I am sure she will poo soon too. I can just picture you, remember she doesn't mind in the least LOL go to Bath house row, enjoy yourself. I took your advice light brown, now it is auburn. LOL still not a pretty site.
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Hi Deb, LOL they know that Chihuahua's are not dog food....Kearra actually likes the boys but Kyra just doesn't appreciate the sniffin' of her woooooo thang that they do and they are soooo little, not sure if she has figured out they are dogs either LOL Tell, Charlie I won't let her eat the Chihuahua....can't ever spell that right :lol: :lol:
Poor Fla. is in the same boat as us.......and they have been hammered and seem to always be hammered with storms, can't recover from one before they get another one lately......a nice place to visit....not sure if you would want to live there.....if you do, INLAND is better. You have to be rich to leave during Hurricane season LOL and that isn't us....someone has to work....and the dh owns his own business soooooo can't be in two places at one time.
Sam, I have the what to bring down to this......or at least this time I went well, I have to bring the dead relatives things....I lost my Dad, grandmother, 2 Aunts & 1 Uncle in a few yrs and I have things that I have of theirs....so they go first....then photo's which can't be replaced....then clothes that are expensive and the ones I wear all the time......Chow's, Chow's food, CHow's things....and there you have it.....I almost got killed cuz my dh changed lanes fast and I couldn't see NOTHING packed to the roof of my SUV...so I changed lanes and held my breath for a second and said THANK GOD there wasn't a car in that lane LOL!!! I was watching the other cars, trucks etc as we were driving too I said something like 120,000 and I stand corrected that it's more like 1.2 million people who left the gulf coast .....not sure if thats right either LOL!!! But there are LOTS of displaced people at the moment.
I don't know what I would do if I didn't have the girls with me....as it is raining and is supposed to be until Sat.......we have a couple of family members already getting snappy with everyone.....give it a few more days and we will have a couple of family arguments going on.....LOL and I don't mean the furkids either. Awwwww Togetherness......so nice to have the family all together really close for an extended period of timeLOL!!! The girls and I are staying in our room alot and stayin' quiet.........
Keep talkin' to me or I might just go nuts here and it won't be PURDDDY #-o
Hey I like Auburn, Dogdad, much better look than Orange on an AsianLOL!! :lol: :lol: At least you don't need a nose ring and black clothes :lol: :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
Desi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Desi »

The house across the street from me is up for sale for 104.000,you'd have money left to fence in for the dogs.
We don't get snow and it's never really really cold.
Close to Cartersville and Rome for work,plenty of good hospitals there ( i loved the one we went to when Dion broke his knee).
Good vet nearby and he's used to Cheyenne,so he'll put up with just about any chow.

As for packing,for years and years I had an emergency bag.All important paperwork,pictures and other stuff I couldn't stand losing within reach just in case all the time.
Computer files were always backed up and stored safely.

The first couple of years I lived in Fla we were lucky.Don told me about how he sat out Andrew,but we didn't get anything for a while.
In 2004 we were boarded up for most of September!!!We had a screened in pool before Frances,a 75 % screened in pool after it,and after Jeanne half the screen was ripped.

We got everything fixed in August of 2005 (waiting lists are always long) .Had the house painted,pool recoated,sold the house.
After Wilma we didn't have to worry about the screen cause the whole friggin enclosure was torn apart.Didn't have to worry about cleaning out the shed either.
Total damage was 15.000,thank the lord for insurance.We were lucky,we were the only ones in the street without roof damage.
Don't know how anyone can live like that year in year out.I sure as hell don't miss it!!!