PC Question?

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

PC Question?

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Does anyone know anything about the all in one new touch screen PC's, I was just on HP's site looking to buy a new laptop and they have these new all in one pc touch screens. Hp says the build date is September 2. Maybe no one has them yet.

I know, I should get a Mac I'm thinking about it but I need to get a pc fast so thought I would stick with HP.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopp ... 06t_series
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: PC Question?

Post by Coco Chow »

Jeff&Peks wrote:I know, I should get a Mac I'm thinking about it but I need to get a pc fast so thought I would stick with HP.
You could have your Mac "fast" too: "next business day delivery available".
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/s ... co=MTE3MDM

Mac are so much nicer to use... and to look at. And you know they can switch from Leopard to Windows if you need to.
What are you waiting for??
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
newguy18
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by newguy18 »

if i were you i wound wait till it comes out and hear some reviews about it. since it looks to be first of its kind it is bound to have some bug in it. i try to never be caught up in any of the new tech hype. but they all have their flaws. even though the iphone seems to be comming closer and closer to it every day!!
Image:Thanks Sweetpea!
Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.
chris

Post by chris »

It sounds really cool, but I agree with newguy. Wait to see the reviews. What does it say about "cleaning" the screan? you know its going to have finger prints alllllllllll over it. And that in it's self will drive you NUTTY Jeff.
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Does the new laptop have windows vista? Everyone who I know who has it, hates it and some have gone back to windows xp.
Cara&Haley
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cara&Haley »

I have 3 computers at home but I don't touch the other 2, just my macbook. That is, when I can pry it off of my BF's hands. I keep telling him to use his own, or my other one, but we fight over the mac. We haven't turned on the PCs in weeks. So, get a Mac. :D
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Agree with mac lovers, I got an iMac and have had no regrets, great for graphics and fast.
You can get an application like "Parallels" for it if you want to run Windows.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
Charlotte Paige
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Charlotte Paige »

I am a mac user as well. I would always choose a mac over a pc
My Sweet Charlotte
May 28, 1994 - July 14, 2006
Mally
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mally »

I'm a freshly converted Mac user Jeff! They're great -simple and reliable! I wouldn't think much of the touch screen ones..only because we have touch screen monitors at work and after a while they go loopy...the touch pad can wear off etc. which can drive me crazy when I'm trying to do an x-ray and can't input patient's name!!!!!!! so go for a Mac! :D
PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

Go with Toshiba..... that is what we use for all our laptops. We use HP for the printer but for laptops, we like Toshiba.
Chi-Ching
http://www.katzphotography.net
littlebigzbunnies.weebly.com
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

I'm a Dell gal. My pc and laptop are Dell and I love them.

I have Vista on my laptop and have no problems with it.
ImageImageImage
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Chris got it right she knows i'm an OCD freak, I don't care how good or bad the touch screen is finger prints take priority, that was my main concern when I first saw the PC, Can't have finger prints going on fist smudge I would be trashing it.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage