Michael Vick saga comes to Animal Planet

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Michael Vick saga comes to Animal Planet

Post by fillyok »

As part of a new series called "Animal Witness," Animal Planet is presenting "The Michael Vick Case" on Aug 24 at 9 PM. Check your local listing times.

The one-hour special (do they get this channel in prison?) will provide an in-depth report on Vick and the law enforcement officers who broke the case. It will also feature the dogs who were traumatized during Vick's involvement in the pit bull fighting case and the incredible recovery of many of those animals. Animal Planet exposes the brutal sport of dog fighting and spotlights the incredible rehabilitation of Vick's dogs under the care of some very dedicated dog lovers. Viewers will witness rare underground dog fighting videos and also see interviews with two of Vick's boyhood mentors. ANIMAL WITNESS: THE MICHAEL VICK CASE challenges the misconceptions about pit bulls and shows viewers that vicious, fighting dogs can be transformed into lovable family pets.
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Michael Vick saga comes to Animal Planet

Post by fillyok »

This is on tonight in case anyone wanted to watch it.
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

thank you Phyllis, did you watch it ? I was wondering how graphic this show is :(
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I was reading Michael Vick is sitting on so many contracts the guy has made more money in prison, Teams are just waiting for his reliese, I bet he's out before the season starts or shortly after. He may be in prison but basicly he's just hiding away untill the public forgets, usally takes about a year.

"ANIMAL WITNESS: THE MICHAEL VICK CASE challenges the misconceptions about pit bulls and shows viewers that vicious, fighting dogs can be transformed into lovable family pets."

You don't need Animal Planet to tell you that, I've been saying that for years. There are no viscous dogs just viscous people. Any dog no matter how abused or aggressive it is will come around in the right hands and I don't mean trainers.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

I haven't seen the show yet, but I've read that it's pretty graphic with scenes from actual dog fights. I'm going to DVR it so I can fast forward those parts.

Jeff, I know in my mind, you're probably right about him making money and the NFL will probably re-instate him to some team. In my heart, I hope he never plays professional football again and ends up a broke, used-up has-been. I hope the NFL takes all the petitons that were established seriously and never let him play again.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

fillyok wrote:Jeff, I know in my mind, you're probably right about him making money and the NFL will probably re-instate him to some team. In my heart, I hope he never plays professional football again and ends up a broke, used-up has-been. I hope the NFL takes all the petitons that were established seriously and never let him play again.
I already have bets with friends that he will be out before the season starts and will be playing for the Raiders, Probably a losing bet with the Raiders but like the news says he has contracts waiting...

I would rather he rots in jail but were talking big money here and money has priority no matter what the situation.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

I just checked and it's at 10PM on the east coast if anyone is interested.

I just heard yesterday on the radio that he's actually in a bad financial state. He declared bankruptcy a few months ago, but he's really feeling it now. Something like his worth is 20 mill but the money he owes for various things is like 5 times that. I can't rememeber the exact numbers but it sounds like things are bad for him! They said his prison salary is 17 cents an hour! :D :D Still, no matter what happens to him now, it will never undo or equal what he did to those poor dogs.
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

ok. so i am watching the show as i type. just sickening. my heart is pounding so fast, i think its gonna come out of my chest. what a real piece of *censored word*. those poor dogs. i cant get through the dog fighting parts.
i hope when he gets out of prison he drops dead. seriously. i dont like to wish harm on any human being or animal. this guy is neither.he's like the muck you would find in a septic tank gone bad.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

I watched it too Janet.I didn't think I could withit being so graphic :( it was very sad and hard to watch but it had a happy ending for most of those poor dogs.
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

I haven't watched it yet, still on my dvr!

I wanted to tell you guys that National Geo is also doing a dogtown episode on the rehab of the dogs. Friday Sept. 5th at 9pm (on the east coast)
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea