earthquake

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

earthquake

Post by janet »

to all my california chowfriends- is everyone ok????? just wondering how you guys are after the quake. and out of curiousity did any of your chows act differently before the quake hit???
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: earthquake

Post by Jeff&Peks »

The quake was about 100 miles south of LA even though we felt it and the house shook. Pekoe never opened her eyes so like any other true CA Chow she ingored it and rode it out. The news said the quake was felt all the way to Vegas. Didn't you feel it in Brooklyn? That wasn't a bus passing by your place ya know.

If you noticed in the Chows looking for a home section I was typing a response to Mia just as the quake hit, i commented on it.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

i just read it after i posted, lol. hope she finds that beauty a home JEFF. :wink:
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

janet wrote:i just read it after i posted, lol. hope she finds that beauty a home JEFF. :wink:
It crossed my mind but i'm sticking with the black and needy, I'm not into grooming that much to have a cream around but then after a month with me it would be Black anyway so maybe thats a thought.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

so there might be a chance for the "white and gripey"? lmao.
whoa, if an outsider was reading this this would definately start getting misinterpreted.lol.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

janet wrote:so there might be a chance for the "white and gripey"? lmao.
whoa, if an outsider was reading this this would definately start getting misinterpreted.lol.
Yeah I know, why do you think I've never told anyone i want to name my Rescue "Buckwheats ChowChow Rescue" You know me, I sure don't want to offend anyone.

ImageImage
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

I was wondering if everything was okay too. I read Jeff's post and thought to myself...I'd be changing my drawers after posting that message.
You could call it Farina's ChowChow Rescue (that's Buckwheat's little sister/brother). :wink:
Last edited by fillyok on Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

The secret to earthquakes is you wait to see it its going to hit that second level, if it does then you scream and run but by that time its to late so you may as well ride it out, Besides people always get mad at me because Pekoe's safety is my first thought, I instinctively grab the leash and tell Pekoe lets get out of here.

ImageImage
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

well you know what i say to those people jeff?? f@#ck em.
Glitterbug
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Glitterbug »

Hi Janet,
I live in San Diego and was at work. I was sooooooooooooo scared for my chow chow and jack russell/chihuaua at home and my cats. But I have the COOLEST chow on the planet. She is so mellow and doesn't really freak out on anything but men with loud voices.
I'm so worried that one day we will get the big one down here and I won't be home with my fur babies:(
Glitterbug
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Glitterbug »

Jeff&Peks wrote:The secret to earthquakes is you wait to see it its going to hit that second level, if it does then you scream and run but by that time its to late so you may as well ride it out, Besides people always get mad at me because Pekoe's safety is my first thought, I instinctively grab the leash and tell Pekoe lets get out of here.

Me to friend...Save my dogs and cats and f...##k everything else..LOL They are my life!! Your comment made my laugh I thought of myself..
Shawna
chownuzzle
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chownuzzle »

Jeff&Peks wrote:The quake was about 100 miles south of LA even though we felt it and the house shook. Pekoe never opened her eyes so like any other true CA Chow she ingored it and rode it out. The news said the quake was felt all the way to Vegas. Didn't you feel it in Brooklyn? That wasn't a bus passing by your place ya know.

If you noticed in the Chows looking for a home section I was typing a response to Mia just as the quake hit, i commented on it.
I heard that too; some people where talking about like Oh my did you feel it? NO! My entire family and I did not feel a thing however we have our fair share of earthquake experiences. In Nevada or at least in Las Vegas they don't teach you at school what to do in case of an earthquake because we hardly have any considerable bad earthquakes (or should I say you almost never feel them when they happen else where). People that were interviewed on the news were freaking out. I seriously didn't feel anything at all though.