We're back

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

We're back

Post by Sharons Chows »

Hi everyone,
this will be a short post since I can't really sit in front of the computer for more than a few minutes...the pain is still pretty extreme and I am like an old trussed up chicken split from the breastbone all the way down to my legs.

However, I didn't want to wait another day to say THANK YOU !!!!!
You guys can't imagine how great it was to come home to a front porch full of boxes and their beautiful wrapped contents. I am still unwrapping stuff a little bit more each day.
JR and Cheyenne still have their noses stuffed in their goodie box for hours so I had to move it from the floor to the table.

All of you and your fur kids have been such wonderful guardian angels who have touched my heart to its' core, You will all be a memory that will stay with me forever and remind me of all the good that still remains in the world.

Tomorrow I have my staples removed and the final diagnosis called and I will let you know how it goes

But my 2 "babies " have been the best fuzzy nurses in the world since they are finally home with their Mom.

As for grandaughter, Madison, she seems fine now after a little scare last week and back to the hospital. Seems that lots of preemies have acid reflux issues to deal with and now she is having tests on the best way to prevent it.

I LOVE YOU ALL

Sharon
Last edited by Sharons Chows on Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: We're back

Post by PurpleKisses »

Glad to hear you are doing better! Each day will get better....

As far as the reflux goes, two of my daughters had it and my middle one stayed for 6 weeks in the hospital with them trying to "diagnose" her.... We finally took her and went to another doctor(our family physician) and he told us to try this formula, we thought he was crazy because surely the hospital would have already eliminated such an easy fix, but it worked AMAZINGLY well!

With my middle daughter we were told to use Enfamil AR and with my youngest daughter we used the Similac equivalent Similac RS - You would not believe the difference.... maybe tell them to bring it up to the doctor...
Chi-Ching
http://www.katzphotography.net
littlebigzbunnies.weebly.com
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

hey sharon glad to see you back online.
keeping our fingers and paws crossed for a good diagnosis tomorrow.

just want to say that you are one of" those people" in life, that you talk to and feel like you have known them forever. a truly sincere and special person.
you will always be in our prayers.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

Sharon,I'm so happy you're home with your babies.I'm praying for great news for you.
thank you for posting and please take care of yourself :D
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
MickChick
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MickChick »

Glad to hear your home again and that the furkids are there for you. I know they're glad YOU'RE back. They're the best!

Cecelia
"To love what you do and feel that it matters - how could anything be more fun?" Katherine Graham
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Welcome back \:D/
ImageImageImage
ChowLady
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ChowLady »

Welcome back Sharon, wishing you all the best for your speedy recovery.
In Loving memory of Catbalou, Teisha, Tiara & Quoncha. .
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

So glad to hear your home and on the road to recovery, Sharon....it will get better a little every day. Will say prayers for a good diagnosis and prayers for your heart to mend as well......I do SOOOO BELIEVE in Carma, don't you?? :wink: Give your furkids extra lovin' and I'm glad they are there with you to get you thru this. They give the best hugs and love you the best no matter what [:D]
Purplekisses from Kearra & Kyra

Thanks Sweetpea!
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

Sharon, glad you're back at home with your fur-babies. I'm sure they missed you a ton! Take care of yourself and keep us posted.
Much hugs.... [:D]
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Welcome back Sharon! I'll be praying for you to get good news.

Tippsy sends purple kisses, too.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Welcome back! Wishing you a very speedy recovery!
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Glad to hear that you're home with the fluffies. Take care Sharon.
Thank you Elodie!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Sharon. I hope each day gets better. :D
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

\:D/ Happy your back! Ya got a lot of livin' yet to do with JR and Cheyenne and those beautiful grandkids you lucky grandma! Even tho' there are times ya may not be feelin' that way. Wishin' you much laughter and health and very well done on gettin' thru all that you've gone thru!
Jennifer & Sheena
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Sharon,

Welcome Back, we are so happy to see you posting again
David
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

I'm so glad you're feeling up to typing. It's good to have you back! Hang in there and get lots of rest letting the fluffies comfort you!
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Well I had my staples taken out yesterday and am at least able to stand a little straighter.
It seems that they removed 2/3 of the colon along with a malignant tumor the size of a golf ball and part of the colon wall and part of the fatty tissue in front of the colon along with 47 lymph nodes. All of this and the surgeon was still able to resection the colon in a normal fashion to grow back together. However, the jury is still out on the amount of the chemotherapy sessions and I will know more next week. Hopefully they will be just as a precautionary matter...only time will tell.
The pain is still horrendous and I am still totally exhausted and cannot find a place to put myself comfortably.
Unfortunately, I am extremly allergic to IV pain medications and even though this was a new one I reacted the same way and am also reacting to the pill form that I am on now at home. They are also a huge depressive and coupled with all the stress that I have gone through make me quite "loopy"
As some of you already know I am still "grieving " the loss of my relationship with Alan and being in a hospital for 8 days with no companionship magnified it all over again two fold. The purpose of this post originally was to thank you all for your wonderful support and love and not to air the innapropriate Alan remarks. He has actually been very supportive of JR and Cheyenne and as I have told you before he walks them a few days a week when he has time. When he was home during the week he took them both during my hospital stays and then I had my son and a friend help out.
Unfortunately I will be unable to walk them or work for another 6-8 weeks so I am hoping to rely on his generousity once again for walking duties.
Again my fur kids have been amazing...they are so sweet and know Mom needs lots of TLC and are loading me with it. I gave them their 1st sweet potato and chicken treats tonight and they never came up for air and they send you all lots of purple and slobby kisses.

Well time to rest again......hugs to you all....Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

Sharon,
I'm so sorry for all you are going thru.its hard enough to end a relationship but being ill on top of that just isn't fair :(
we are sending our best wishes and lots of prayers to you and your babies.
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

Sharons Chows wrote: Unfortunately, I am extremly allergic to IV pain medications and even though this was a new one I reacted the same way and am also reacting to the pill form that I am on now at home.
Hi Sharon: I am also very allergic to meds and have even flat-lined as a result! Have you tried homeopathy? I've used it very successfully. Due to the surgery cutting your nerve endings a homeopathic called Hypericum will relieve that nerve pain. For general pain you can alternate with Arnica Montana. I've used a 6x potency with much success but 30x potencies work as well. Some drug stores carry homeopathy and health food stores definitely do. You can also buy it online. Hyland's Standard Homeopathic is what I use, these are tablets that melt under your tongue (I use their kit), there is another company called Boiron and these are pellets. There are probably other companies but I always stick with what works. I prefer the tablets-they appear to work quicker for me and my chows.

If I had been aware of your forthcoming surgery I would have suggested that you take hypericum and arnica montana the day before. When I've done so for dental work, etc. there would be no swelling afterwards and no pain. Basically just follow the instructions on the bottle and you can't overdose on this stuff. :)

I hope you feel better soon in more ways than one.
Jennifer & Sheena
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Sharon, we are all hoping you have a fast and easy recovery. I am sure if you have a little outburst now and then, those around you will (should) understand, and know, this too shall pass.
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Jennifer,

I actually use Hylands Calme Forte when I am hyped more than usual and sometimes to sleep and they work very well.
As far as using anything other than prescribed before surgery...I was kind of up the creek...I could not eat for a 1- 1/2 days prior to cleanse the colon and was warned that anything homeopathic etc was not acceptable and surgery would be canceled. Remember that I am dealing with western dr's and in my case...this "thing" had to come out sooner than later in order to catch it early enough.
Hopefully another few days of meds and I can do this on my own...I am trying to wean them down now.
S

JR AND CHEYENNE

carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by carolyn dewrance »

Sharon so glad to hear the op is over, it will just take time now to get back onto your feet, now just for a laugh, if you had been a dog what would they have done to you, no not really funny, but you know what I mean,
Go on getting better and you will soon take your fur babies out for walks again.
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Glad to hear your op is over and that you are back with the furballs. Get well soon and chin up. :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Glad to see you are feeling better, at least enough to post!! Hope you are feeling better very soon!
SweetPea Rocks!!
mrstu
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mrstu »

Sharon, I have not been on too much lately and did not know that you were sick or going through this. My thoughts and prayers are with you for a very quick recovery. I am so sorry that you have had to go through all of this. I do live in Ohio but I think you are up in the Cleveland area or I would be happy to come by and help you in any way I can. If you need anything that I could do for you on the weekends, just let me know and I Will make the drive.

Sending love and good wishes your way!

patti
Patti, Mrs. Tu, Kirby, Sophia and Maggie's mommy

Another beautiful banner courtesy of Sweetpea...