Sad news regarding member "vtxandy"

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Zhuyos mom

Sad news regarding member "vtxandy"

Post by Zhuyos mom »

It is with a heavy heart I share with the membership that fellow cc.org member, Andy (vtxandy), passed in his sleep in late April. He was only 43.

A few of us were blessed and honored to have met him in person when he and his beautiful wife, Michelle, joined the Northern California group of chow parents at our annual ChowFest. They just adopted their boy, Zen.

Andy loved his chow, Tinker, to no end. He posted many threads about Tinker on this site. The TLC rescue site also published Andy, Michelle and Tinker's journeys. Here are three threads Andy posted. The first is his very first entry on the site. A touching tribute to Tinker. The second is the joy of adding Zen into their life. The third is one of his last posts on the site.

http://forum.chowchow.org/viewtopic.php ... 785#p46785
http://forum.chowchow.org/viewtopic.php ... 934#p76934
http://forum.chowchow.org/viewtopic.php ... 690#p99690

Please send Michelle (and Zen) strength and peace through personal prayer or kind thoughts.
Attachments
Andy_Michelle_Zen at CF07.jpg
Andy_Michelle_Zen at CF07.jpg (16.01 KiB) Viewed 11746 times
Andy and Zen2.jpg
Andy and Zen2.jpg (36.92 KiB) Viewed 11750 times
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Sad news regarding member "vtxandy"

Post by fillyok »

Very sad news...but at least we know Tinker was there to walk him across the bridge. My deepest sympathy for Michelle and the rest of Andy's family. [-o|
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Michelle no words can express how sorry I am for your loss. I will be saying prayers for you & your family [-o|

Thanks Sweetpea!
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

This is so shocking. I could tell through his writing what a special and tenderhearted man Andy was. Words are not sufficient, but know Michelle, that you are in our thoughts and prayers. God speed, Andy.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
bubba
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bubba »

this makes me sad .. such a young person ..

perhaps there is just as joyful a place for chow owbers as for chows .. on the other side..
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

So young. I don't know what to say other than I really enjoyed reading his posts. I am sorry for your loss Michelle.
SweetPea Rocks!!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

That is so sad.

"Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord,
Let perpetual light shine upon him,
May he rest in peace. Amen."
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

My deepest sympathies Michelle. Andy was a delight to meet last year, & I loved reading his stories about Tinker.
Thank you Elodie!
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

Oh my gosh, that is so sad. I will never forget reading his stories about Tinker, he had such a way with words. Far too young to be taken. My condolences to his family. :cry:
aslanchow

Post by aslanchow »

Michelle,
I am so very sorry to hear about Andy, I am lost without words when I got the news. For the short time that I have known Andy, he gave me the impression that he is a very loving man. He is not afarid to love with all his heart and he is just full of life. His love for Tinker will never be mistaken. I know this is a very hard time for you, but try to remember the good time. And I am certain you have endless memories of the good time.

You and Zen are both in my thoughts, stay well and take care.

If you are up to it, please do come to the ChowFest. Just like our Chowdren, we are great listener and we gives great hugs.

Regard,

Anita and Aslan
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I am so sorry, Michelle. My deepest condolences. It was easy to see that Andy was a sensitive, caring man, and that he had a great love for life and the people and pets in his life. Again, my condolences on your loss.
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Michelle, please accept my condolences at this most difficult time.
Thank you Sweatpea
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

Michelle,
I am so sorry to hear of your sad loss.I cried when I read about Tinker and I knew Andy was a special man by the way he wrote.
my deepest sympathies to you and Zen.
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

When I met you Michelle along with Andy and Zen at ChowFest I remember saying to Andy that your chow looked very Zen and what a perfect name it was! I felt much warmth and peacefulness when I met your family. Both Andy and Tinker were truly special and so are you and Zen. It is good that Zen is there to comfort you at this time and we are all here for you as well.

Please consider and come to ChowFest '08 on July 20th. There will be lots of hugs and purple kisses to enjoy!

Peace and Love Always
Jennifer & Sheena
nuke

Post by nuke »

I admire men like Andy and I can't help but cry after re-reading his posts about Tinker. I cried when I first read his posts about Tinker, and I cried just now after reading this thread.

Gob bless you, Andy... you are a very special soul and I know that Michelle will one day be with you and Tinker again, only the next time it will be forever in absolute paradise.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us on this forum. <S>
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

my deepest condolence are with you.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

What shocking news. Michelle, please accept our deepest condolences. Andy, Tinker and your family touched us all. I loved reading about Tinker. Like Fillyok said, take comfort in knowing that Tinker was there to walk him across the bridge, he can once again see his beloved Tinker. Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
MickChick
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MickChick »

I didn't get to meet Andy, or Michelle, but I feel like I know him after reading Andy's posts, and seeing their pictures. It breaks my heart to hear that Michelle has lost both Tinker and Andy in such a short period of time. May Zen help bring her peace, healing and understanding of that which is not understandable.

Cecelia and Brandy
"To love what you do and feel that it matters - how could anything be more fun?" Katherine Graham
From Michelle:

Post by From Michelle: »

You have touched my heart so much, God Bless you all THANK YOU

Love Michelle
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

I just went to the TLC website and read all of the stories by Andy. I had read his posts on here and instantly remembered his signature picture of Tinker. Michelle I am so very sorry for your loss. Andy was obviously a remarkable..one of a kind man. My heart breaks for you. The only comfort I can offer or find in this is that he is with your beloved Tinker now. My deepest condolences.
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
Igor
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Igor »

Michelle, we are very sorry for your loss. Andy was a remarkable person. His stories about Tinker touched our hearts.
Our deepest condolences.
Mishka and his family
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Michelle,

I am so sorry for your loss. My heart is heavy with sympathy for you and your family.
You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sherill
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

Michelle,

We are deeply saddened by your loss. Your family has touched many lives on this world and into the next. We hope that knowing Andy and Tinker are waiting at the bridge my ease your heartache. Your family is forever a part of ours and you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Larry and Terrina Harris
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

I am so sorry to hear such sad news. There's a special place in heaven for wonderful people like that.
courtsey of Sweetpea
Theo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Theo »

I'm just getting back from vacation, and I'm getting caught up on all the posts...I was so sad to hear that Andy had passed away.
Back in April of 2007 I received a PM titled "I need to know..." from Andy.
Andy and I corresponded many times, and I was so impressed by him, and his love for TInker. We connected because I had just lost my baby "Teddy"...
read on and you'll see what a wonderful and caring man Andy was (We all knew this by his posts)
My sympathy to his beautiful wife...

Hi Jackie, you sent me an email when you saw my post about us losing Tinker at 15+ years. You said you lost your Teddy and had gotten a new puppy.
I need to know what it's like to have a new dog. It's been just over 4 months since my son has gone. Part of me has this huge vacant hole that wants to get a new puppy....we are actually on a list for a breeder with puppies due in Oct or so. Another part of me is scared about the thought of having a new dog in our home. Eating where Tinker ate, sleeping where Tinker slept, going to work with us like Tinker did.
What's it like? Does it bring up bad feelings of missing Teddy? Does it feel at all like you're trying to replace Teddy? Do you ever compare the 2 and find the puppy coming up short?
I'm really sorry if this brings up any bad feeling for you. I hope you understand what I'm trying to figure out. And I pray I'm not doing it at the expense of your feelings. That is not my intention. We just miss Tinker so much it's painful. Very painful. I STILL get out of bed at night being careful to not step on him laying beside my bed.
I hope you can ease my mind that getting a new family member won't rip my guts out knowing he'll never fill Tinker's paws.
Can you share with us what happened at your home?
My sincere thanks either way.
Andy