2009 Calendar?

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

2009 Calendar?

Post by fillyok »

Is anyone interested in a new calendar for 2009? This year was totally rescues, but next year we could include ALL Chows from the board. I never meant to exclude anyone from the calendar, but thought it might raise some money for rescue efforts which is why rescues were picked. I was also working full time and going to school full time when I tried last years calendar...if it weren't for Sandra I never would've got it done. =D= The company I used wasn't exactly conducive to earning any profits, so maybe for 2009 we can find a cheaper company and make it a little more "pretty". I know there are people a LOT more talented than I am on here so what do you guys think??? If we start soon we could do a lot more detail and be more picky on the pics. I think I messed up on some of the birthdays too...they need to be checked before we print anything. #-o

We could also do a poll on where the profits should go. (cc.org, rescue effort bank account, etc) Other ideas, suggestions, comments are very welcome.
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: 2009 Calendar?

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

I'll definitely order one
ImageImageImage
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

I would order one or 5 and I like the idea of a rescue bank account for flights, vetting...whatever. Alot of rescue work goes on through this site and it is so expensive!
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I think the rescue bank account is a wonderful idea.

David
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

I love the idea! :D
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Yip, I would order more. I love my current one!! I think the rescue effort account is a great idea, but I also think a portion should probably go to cc.org since it brings it all together!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

I would order some and it is a great idea for rescue and of course some for CC.org for bringing us all together :D
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

If anyone else has something like this in the works, OMG, speak up now! Lou (Zhuyo's Mom) went to the expense of producing a beautiful calendar using Auddy's scrapbook pages to use for a cc.org fundraiser auction, and tho MontanaXman made a generous winning bid, it's possible some folks were thinking, "well, I already have a calendar" and did not bother to bid. As far as I'm concerned, there can't be enough of our furkids in print, but there is always the option of doing something different, like a desk calendar or something.

Who wouldn't want to have some Auddymay, Carolyn, and Sweetpea art in this calendar, it could be crazy good if everyone contributed.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

I'd order a desk calendar, a regular calendar, whatever kind of calendar is chosen.
ImageImageImage
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

the Chow calendars are cool! 8) I have mine at work and my co-workers really like it!
It would be great to establish a fund from the proceeds of the calendar to helping with Chows needing transport, rescue costs, etc. ...just don't know how we could know who should get the help?
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

I'd love to see all my favourate chows on the calendar! I'm sure my folks & my brother would appreciate one as well :D , tho they are chowless at teh moment, I grew up w/ two chows....

As for the fundraising, Iike Kingalls mentioned, it is a hard call to decide who gets how much as the year goes on. It might be easier to raise money for the site or decide on several charities beforehand and divide the proceeds accordingly up front so that we don't have to carry the burden of choosing the cause/accounting throughout/over the year(s).

As much as I appreciate the fundraising activity on the site, I haven't seen much of reporting back to the site of how much the effort has raised. I would feel more comfortable seeing a list of each donations(no need for names) & the total for the efforts. It should be the least one can do when dealing w/ someone else's money.

....Sorry to sound like an old nag......

LEO's mum
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Sounds great!

I agree with Leo's Mum and Kingalls about where the money goes. It would be ncie to get something finally set officially, I know we toss the idea around quite a bit, but maybe we can make it happen this year!
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
MickChick
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MickChick »

Brandy and I will buy some! I love the idea of a rescue fund, too.

Cecelia
"To love what you do and feel that it matters - how could anything be more fun?" Katherine Graham
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Maybe if we did a rescue fund it could be decided that a certain dollar amount can go to each rescue? That would be one fair way to do it.
ImageImageImage
PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

I think we could buy some - It would be great to see all the cc.org chows! We have some of the best looking chows around! ;)
Chi-Ching
http://www.katzphotography.net
littlebigzbunnies.weebly.com
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I am definitely commited to doing Lou's calendar, which will also be a fund raiser for the cc.org site. Having said that, I am willing to help with this calendar, but I see a bad moon rising when it comes to how to spend the funds. There is no shortage of need around here, so the sooner there is a decision, the better. In order to keep people biding on the calendar which Lou pulls together, I will have to go the extra mile and make the pages Lou uses cutting edge! Without this site, we would not be a cohesive group. As chaotic as it is at times when it comes to co-ordinating rescues and such, as a large group, we do pretty well.
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

I would absolutely buy at least one calendar again. The bidding war was fun too. Anyway the group wants to use the money is fine with me.
courtsey of Sweetpea