Sharon's Chows update

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Sharon's Chows update

Post by Sharons Chows »

Hi everyone,

I wanted to update all of you who have been so concerned and supportive of me during the past months.
It seems that JR and Cheyenne's Mom was diagnosed with colon cancer today. I will have no idea of the severity etc until the biopsy comes back next week and am praying that it has been caught early enough.

Thanks to all of you that have sent me cards, emails etc. They have been very comforting and once again reminded me that "Chow peoples" are the best!

I will keep you updated as to my prognosis.

Hugs from Sharon, JR and Cheyenne

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Sharon's Chows update

Post by Larry Harris »

Hugs with positive thoughts and prayers.

Larry and Terrina
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

I was just thinking, though there can be different grades of tumors within stages, you must be at stage one (in which case, surgery is all you'll need, even stage two can be surgery only), because the biopsy would only confirm that it's cancer and they'd be scheduling surgery sooner if it looked like it had spread during the colonoscopy.

I'm sure there are other survivors of colon and other types of cancers on this site, but Forrest is a 12 year survivor. He was at stage 2 (out of 4), no chemo.

You know I'll be in touch, and I have great hope for a full recovery.
courtsey of Sweetpea
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

[-o| Sharon, we are sending you our prayers and best wishes.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

Just wanted to say that my MIL had colon cancer, fought it for 2 years(it was pretty severe) and she has now beaten it and has not had any more come back for over 3 years now!! So just be positive and be strong! Good Luck and lots of prayers to you!
Chi-Ching
http://www.katzphotography.net
littlebigzbunnies.weebly.com
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I have two male friends that had protrate Cancer not the same but cancer is cancer, one just jogged by me tonight and the other says he feels better now then ever. both had surgery and are going on over a year. Like Purplekisses says a positive mind is a big cancer cure, don't let it beat you mentally you can beat the cancer. Like Janet, I think her positive outgoing nature beat her breast cancer.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

hey sharon, life sucks dont it??? sorry i was tryin to make ya laugh a bit. i know YOU'LL BE FINE! do what i did when i found out. (ok first i cried), no seriously, i said to myself, "you have two choices here, be down and depressed and give up, or fight like hell". i fought.keep tellin yourself, this $hit aint gonna get me down.you are a strong lady. and dont forget it!!!!!!!
out of curiousity, are you going for another opinion from another doctor???? i did, twice.
if you want to talk ANYTIME, you have my number.
all of our love, stay strong.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Sharon - I am so sorry - wish there was something I could do.
All prayers and good wishes winging your way from the Island. Milly and Mabel send purple kisses and some chow grunts and harumphs.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Sharon, you know we're here for you. Call me if you need anything. You've been in our thoughts and prayers. Like the others say, just hang in there, lean on those two fuzzballs for the emotional support. :D Call me anytime!
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Hi Sharon,
My mom had colon cancer 8 years ago. It was very scary, but she is doing well now, gets regular check - ups, and is doing great. She did get a second opinion and went with the second doctor because the one closer to home said she'd have to have a colostomy, but the second dr. who is in a bigger area, didn't think she would. She recovered quite quickly - that hospital has our undying appreciation and respect, and for being in her mid - seventies, she's doing great! I wish the same for you. As others have said, being positive helps a ton. Cancer is no longer a death sentence. Keep us posted on your progress.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Any doctor who says you have to have a colostomy is a fool. It is just not true no matter what stage you are in. I've expressed my opinion of doctors many times, but as I told Sharon, about the only doctors I have liked were Forrest's colon surgeon and his onocologist. He didn't really have to see an onocologist, but I insisted just so he could be more closely monitored for a year, and obviously he didn't need it, but I'm the queen of paranoia, especially about doctors.

Positive attitude is true. Of course Forrest was just "snip it and get on with life." As paranoid as I am, I never thought for a minute it was anything more than a temporary inconvenience. Illness doesn't scare me, I just think most doctors are money-grubbing idiots. Find the right doctor and "no worries."
courtsey of Sweetpea
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Oh Sharon, I am soooo sorry to hear this. Like the others said, you can and WILL BEAT THIS. Colon cancer has a high cure rate. Do get a second or even third opinion, and find a MD that you are very comfortable with and TRUST....that always helps. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. And anytime you need to talk........we are here for you
Give your furkids hugs for therapy :wink:
Love & Prayers
Vicki, Kearra & Kyra

Thanks Sweetpea!
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Cure rate -- 95% at stage one with just surgery. 90% at stage two with surgery and chemo; 85% with just surgery. 100% Forrest at stage two with just surgery.

Sorry to use Jeff for Sharon, but you know if he's talking at positive, outgoing personality, he means it.
courtsey of Sweetpea
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Coco Chow »

I just wanted to say a friend of the family got colon cancer as well, several years ago. His wife was devastated, I think she lit a candel in every church she saw on her way, we were all very scared. But now it's behind him, he's perfectly healthy and happy. :D
As the others have said, you can fight it and we will all be thinking about you.
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

Sharon sorry to hear this. You need to stay strong for your pooches, they need you and you need them to get better. I have a lot of confidence that this will be treated successfully. Cleveland university clinic is famous for their successes in treating colectoral cancer. I will PM you a link.
I know of three people wearing ostomy bags, hopefully you won't need surgery. All three are doing well, one man (62) a neighbour is still in the workforce driving a city bus.
I would encourage everyone older than 50 to have a colonoscopy every two-five years. I had my first one done one year ago.
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Sharon I too am so sorry to hear this but have every confidence that you will beat it! You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Tell the pooches to give you a big purple kiss from all of us.
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Pitching in my thoughts and prayers for a positive outcome. You are a fighter and a wonderful person, Sharon, and you have plenty of good karma bucks in your pocket. Life will get better. Stay strong and keep your fluffies close.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

We will be sending positive thoughts your way. Our thoughts are with you.
SweetPea Rocks!!
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

Sharon,we will keep you in our prayers.take care of yourself.
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Again,

Thank you for all of your wishes and support.

Hugs and love from Sharon and her fluffballs

JR AND CHEYENNE

Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Sharon, please accept our thoughts and best wishes with your new hurdle.

My grandmother was a cancer survivor (back in the old days when most people didn't survive) and my Mum is a twice over cancer survivor - you can and will beat this thing and there are friends on here when the going gets tough.
Thank you Sweatpea
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Oh Sharon, i'm so sorry to hear you've had bad news. Best wishes & Alf sends lots of purple kisses.
Thank you Elodie!
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Hi again my dear chow friends,

The biopsy came back...it still looks early but there is a concern that it may also be in the wall behind the tumor. Won't know anything more until the surgeon goes in. I see him on Monday and hope that I can get the surgery as soon as possible.
Will let you all know then.

Love and hugs to all of you,
Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Thanks for the update, Sharon... [-o| for good news....
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

I'll pray for good news too, Sharon. :D
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix