Sharon's Chows update

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Sharon's Chows update

Post by CoraP. »

If you've caught it early, that is good news. Best wishes with everything. We're all pulling for you.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

stay strong sharon. you are in our prayers.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Praying for you to Sharon.
Thank you Sweatpea
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

we are thinking and praying for you Sharon.
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Sharon, sending positive thoughts your way. You can beat it. The odds are with you. Just keep positive and know that once this is over your life will change completely towards the positive.

David
MickChick
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MickChick »

Don't know anything worth sharing about colon cancer, but I'm at 6 year uterine cancer survivor, Stage 1B. I was one of the lucky ones - only needed surgery, no radiation. Hearing that I had it was one of the most frighening things in my life. I was widowed, no kids, and my family lives in Chicago. Take it a day at a time and keep a positive attitude. IT really does make a difference. I had a friend who had ovarian cancer, stage IIId, I think. I know it was Stage III, and the next stage for her would have been go home and put your affairs in order, there's nothing we can do. She was given less than 3 years to live and made it almost 10, and travelled and enjoyed life during those 10 years. She had the best outlook I've ever seen.

I know this is a very scarey time for you - and until you know what you're dealing with you won't have a game plan, and until you've got a game plan, it's even scarier. I won't tell you it will be all right because I also had a breast cancer scare and when everyone told me that "they just knew" that everything was going to be all right, I wanted to choke them out and scream, "how the heck do YOU know?? Got a crystal ball or something??!!" So, I'll just say ... my thoughts are with you and I hope that you can relax soon!

Cecelia
"To love what you do and feel that it matters - how could anything be more fun?" Katherine Graham
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Brandy is right, be pragmatic -- optimism with a touch of reality. I could be hit by a bus tomorrow (well, no buses run in my suburb or at least down my street when school's not in session), but colon cancer is THE most survivable of all cancers, especially when caught early as yours was.
courtsey of Sweetpea
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

Sharon, I just saw this...don't know how I missed it. Sending you much love and positive thoughts.
Purple kisses,
Roxana & Neelaa
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by carolyn dewrance »

Sharon, I am also so sorry to hear this news, but you know that all of us on the Chow.org are praying for your speedy recovery, and thats a lot of prayers, I may be very far from you, but I send my prayers to you over the air, and I know they will reach you, I lay my hands on you and I know that they will heal you, and I give you my love and I know that you will be o.k.
Bless you
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441