I am sick!

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: I am sick!

Post by Red Dragon »

Jeff, I am sorry to inform you that I didn't assemble or participate in any of those statistics. They are all over the net for anyone to read. When the dog is at the top of the list it is the first one people see, use your brain for something besides filling the void your head. Surfs up dude! :lol:
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

I couldn't help but note there was a Rot/Pug mix on the "Killer" list!
I think we all should contact our state legislators and demand Pugs be
added to every "dangerous breed" list in the country!! :wink:

What's up with Georgia...hmmm? There seems to be alot of incidents per captia?

Here is a pic of my pug angel! I'm sure his head would swell if he thought he was capable of instilling fear
into anyone!! :D
http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r282 ... color5.jpg

Jeff, I think you would like Austin, TX. In addition to being a very nice city,
you would not be taxed out the WaZoo!!! No state income tax.
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Red Dragon wrote:Jeff, I am sorry to inform you that I didn't assemble or participate in any of those statistics.
Yep there is crap all over the internet for fools like you to read and spread. Don't you have some farming to do? go milk a cow or collect the eggs, oh wait you have breeding to do shouldn't you be checking for litters or are all the cages locked for the night?

Statistics? you mean a survey of 10 people for people like you to read.

How about the statistics they just posted, People are spending more for gas then 10 years ago, boy thats a good one, thank god they surveyed ten people or I would have never known.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Bama, nothing surprises me in the state of Georgia, it won't be long and I will be outta here.

Jeffey Poo, it just doesn't ever register with you does it? :roll: In a few years when they want to ban Chows in the US, maybe you will take the stats seriously then, but you may not get it then either. :roll: All I can say is I'm glad I am not in love with the Rottie breed, or the Pitt Bull, they are gonna have to fight tooth and nail to keep that breed before long.
Sam

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Oh Bama, you think the Pugs are holy terror, there was a Pom that killed a baby also. :shock:
Sam

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

What it all boils down to is how can you as a chow breeder believe or post anything that puts down the breed, all you are doing is spreading more bad opinions of the breed and enforcing it. I could see where there would be a financial gain in it for you, "Buy from me only becouse I sell good Chows"

Why do you think Chows would be baned? could it be from people like you spreading around more bad rep for the Chow. I bet your on the pro-plan breeder list, free food, telling someone with a sick Chow to eat that crap, yeah right, maybe she will buy a new Chow from you. there are motives behind all the junk you post.

I won't say any more, People can't possibly be as stupid as you think they are so you can ramble on with your garbage.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Desi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Desi »

Red Dragon wrote:Here is the 97 stat, there are more, you just have to search for them. I think I remember seeing a nationwide chart and Texas had the highest rate of bites of any state. http://www.dogexpert.com/Miscellaneous/ ... at1997.PDF
I started reading the report,and I almost got worried,until I came to this part:

Species
Species reported to be involved in severe attacks were domestic
dog (620 reports, 85.0%); domestic cat (86 reports, 11.8%);
unknown (7 reports, 1.0%); raccoon and rat (3 reports each, 0.4%
each); horse and wolf-dog hybrid (2 reports each, 0.3% each); and
bat, fox, gerbil, mouse, pig, and tiger (1 report each, 0.1% each).

So there was a report of a severe attack by a mouse as well as by a gerbil????
After seeing monty Python's the Holy Grail I would have expected albino bunnies in the list,but a friggin mouse???? :laughloud:
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

I don't have my head buried in the sand where this breed is concerned, and it is my goal to correct the problems in the breed, and you can't fix something until you admit there is a problem. How stupid would it be for me to deny that a Chow would kill someone when it is in black and white right in front of me? They don't make that stuff up Jeff, no matter how much you would like to believe it can't happen, it can. People come on the site all the time wanting to know why their Chow is sick or has a problem, be it mental or physical. It all boils down to the breeding and how the dog is kept, it's no great mystery. Now back to the original post, why was the dog put down? Because the dog showed aggression in a state that is known for aggressive Chows, they chose to put the dog down because of the stats. What it boils down to is the dog was either poorly bred, or poorly kept, and the dog paid the ultimate sacrifice for that, nobody else!

Now what are you going to rant about that makes no sense? :roll:
Sam

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Desi wrote:
Red Dragon wrote:Here is the 97 stat, there are more, you just have to search for them. I think I remember seeing a nationwide chart and Texas had the highest rate of bites of any state. http://www.dogexpert.com/Miscellaneous/ ... at1997.PDF
I started reading the report,and I almost got worried,until I came to this part:

Species
Species reported to be involved in severe attacks were domestic
dog (620 reports, 85.0%); domestic cat (86 reports, 11.8%);
unknown (7 reports, 1.0%); raccoon and rat (3 reports each, 0.4%
each); horse and wolf-dog hybrid (2 reports each, 0.3% each); and
bat, fox, gerbil, mouse, pig, and tiger (1 report each, 0.1% each).

So there was a report of a severe attack by a mouse as well as by a gerbil????
After seeing monty Python's the Holy Grail I would have expected albino bunnies in the list,but a friggin mouse???? :laughloud:
Maybe the mouse was ticked off about something that day! :lol: Maybe he didn't get his daily ration of cheese. :lol:
Sam

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

My son-inlaw is from Texas, middle north some where, born and raised, raised with Chows also. Despite his love for Bush he refers to Austin as GawwwDs County, no better music and Blues in the world. The city is great and the people are normal, trees and water all over the place.

Traffic? yeah right, I'm from LA 2 hours to drive five minutes, anything faster then 10 miles an hour I would think I was speeding and panic

ImageImage
Desi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Desi »

Red Dragon wrote:
Maybe the mouse was ticked off about something that day! :lol: Maybe he didn't get his daily ration of cheese. :lol:
Maybe it was a she and she suffered from pms,but how "severe" can a mouse attack be?I used to breed mice (now that's an easy job!lol)
and of course i got bit every now and then(only by wild mice if i had to pry them from the cat's jaws),but I wouldn't have called that a "severe attack".
Of course that was in the Netherlands,and we all know everything in the USA is bigger (well,almost everything anyway,lol) so maybe mice here are enormous????
Is this what you call a mouse ?: :lol:

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Somebody ran an add with a picture of one of those saying they found somebodies cat, and it wasn't very friendly! :lol: Could have been a warf rat in a mouse suit, those can be pretty mean when they want to be.
Sam

Desi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Desi »

Red Dragon wrote:Somebody ran an add with a picture of one of those saying they found somebodies cat, and it wasn't very friendly! :lol: Could have been a warf rat in a mouse suit, those can be pretty mean when they want to be.

Picture of my son being viciously attacked by rats:
Ginger Bears Mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Ginger Bears Mom »

Red Dragon wrote: they chose to put the dog down because of the stats. What it boils down to is the dog was either poorly bred, or poorly kept, and the dog paid the ultimate sacrifice for that, nobody else!
Why for heavens sake didnt you just say that, I think ultimately that is what we all want, well bred good tempered Chows.
Jeff&Peks wrote:Since were in Texas could all you Texans look out your window, take a deep breath and tell me what kind of place Austin is, i was offered a job there but I want tree's and water, no adobie huts and cowboys living in the desert.
Take it from a So. Cal. native, left there in 87 and aint been back since. Fifteen years in N. Tx DFW area and 5 in the N. Houston area. I will take the humidity but lower ambient temp level in Houston than N. Tx any day. Weather up there really sucks, wind blows 30mph+ 9 months out of the year except the 3 hottest ones! Hail 3 new roofs in 5 years..tornadoes..oh gimme an earthquake anyday, at least the animals will let you know one is coming.

Austin is beautiful as is San Antonio, part of the hill country, known for its music..etc...ya'll gotta come and visit now ya hear!
Betty, Ziggy's Mom
Ginger Bears Mom ~ In Loving Memory, 8.5.93 - 11.16.07

"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next."
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Hey you just described my weather in West Texas!! What a joy it is. The trees permantly lean in the direction the wind blows most. So must dirt blowing around because there is nothing living to hold it down. Brown dead grass as far as the eye can see!!! Woohoo
SweetPea Rocks!!
cheriekynb
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: Nor Cal - LOL, or Wine Country as the natives call it.

Post by cheriekynb »

I'm just wondering.. You do know that if you have a mix that is part "anything" from the top 10 dangerous dog list and part "something else".. "they" will always pick the "dangerous dog" part as the breed who did the offense.
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by carolyn dewrance »

Wow, some discussion. When I was running a kennel quite a few years ago, we got a male purebred chow in for boarding, and he seemed fine, but one day he just snapped, I think it was because the guy that was feeding him took a dislike to the dog and he went into the kennel with a stick in his hand, yes he was attacked and badly bitten but his back had been torn open by the chows claws, just like a bear would have done, nasty, but the chow was not put down, his owners, came to fetch him and he never attacked anyone again.
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441