Locked threads

Talk about anything with your fellow Chow Chow regulars.

Moderator: chowadmin

Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Locked threads

Post by Red Dragon »

Who the heck are the the moderators on this forum? Everytime a thread starts to get a little interesting and informative they lock them, it's down right boring over here, I think another month or two break is in order! :lol:
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
kingalls

Re: Locked threads

Post by kingalls »

ChowChow.org - Terms of use
By accessing “ChowChow.org” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “ChowChow.org”, “http://forum.chowchow.org”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “ChowChow.org”. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of “ChowChow.org” after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.

Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter “they”, “them”, “their”, “phpBB software”, “www.phpbb.com”, “phpBB Group”, “phpBB Teams”) which is a bulletin board solution released under the “General Public License” (hereinafter “GPL”) and can be downloaded from http://www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions, the phpBB Group are not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: http://www.phpbb.com/.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, $exually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “ChowChow.org” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “ChowChow.org” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “ChowChow.org” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

"You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, $exually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “ChowChow.org” is hosted or International Law"

Those are all in the eye of the reader, Just like the word aggressive it means differant things to differant people Personally I have never seen abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening in the true definition of those words ever used on this site its all in how one person thinks.

Had Sydney's post not been locked I could have told her the website says $100.00 so what she read was probably a misprint but who ever decided to lock it turned it into what they thought in their mind was a slanderous remark. Its the moderators and their interpretations of what is being said and their interruptions that usually turn these post into wars. Smokey was a perfect example of moderator interference.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
luvchows

Post by luvchows »

IMO, locking threads does not allow discussions or disagreements to come to full closure. Therefore, issues keep coming up over and over because they are left unresolved.
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

I don't think it is always possible to come to closure on topics because members feel differently about topics, or about who topics are viewed by others. Locking can provide respite from the venom than pervades a topic for members.
Thank you Elodie!
Sydney
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sydney »

Jeff:

I was aware that Carla had a adoption fee of $100.00 on her personal website. My post had a link to the "puppyfind" site where Caesar was listed with a $0.00 fee. Carla had Caesar along with some of her current pups, as well as an upcoming litter posted. She has since deleted her all the posts she had on puppyfind within the last day or so.

Sydney
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

The afore mentioned post is a good example of a personal attack. It is specifically aimed at one certain member, and was not posted for any other reason but to put another member in a negative light. You may feel rightous indignation about certain people's breeding practices, but this is not the place to air these grievences toward one particular member. If we feel justified to attack Carla and her breeding program, then why stop there? Why not waggle our fingers at Sam, if we don't agree with his breeding program, or Judith-Ann? And why stop there? There are some rescues some of us feel don't always act in the best interest of the Chow...why not start a thread and vent about them? Some people here feel showing Chows is a bad thing, but how would any of you like to come in here and brag about a BIS, only to be attacked for showing in the first place?

Having differing opinions about certain aspects of Chow life, and debating them is one thing. Bringing up personal biases is quite another. It is entertaining to some, but if it is you being criticized specifically, you may not find things all that entertaining. I hope that clarifies things a little.

If any of us feels strongly about one another, and simply must address something a member is doing, use the PM system. That way, should someone attack you in a PM, there is the option to reply, or block the sender, as you choose to do.
Tai's Mom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Tai's Mom »

I personally feel that the forum does need to be moderated and that when necessary, threads locked. I have lurked here for quite sometime and have seen members (old and new) leave the forum because they were attacked. That was part of the reason why I didn't join for a long time. There should never be any fear of being attacked for saying or doing something another member or members don't agree with. Things aren't always as black and white as other members may feel. We all share the same bond... the love of our chows and the breed itself. It's a shame that in the past few months that bond has been broken.
Cy & Tai
Cy & Tai
All this and you wanted a Shih Tzu too?
luvchows2

Post by luvchows2 »

I have permanently deactivated my cc.org account because this is not a safe environment for chow education or conversation. Mods manipulating and moving posts around makes it a scary environment, especially when the mods have proven time and time again that they don't have the best interest of the chow in mind. Zhuyos mom and Auddymae in particular let their own prejudices get in the way of good judgement, especially when they don't like the person posting. It contaminates the cc.org board and makes it an unhealthy environment for chows and the unsuspecting people posting here.

Luana
Chow Chow Rescue & Adoption of Cincinnati, OH
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Ooooh! Miaow!

(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Sojourner11
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sojourner11 »

hmmm, can't find this locked post, can someone post the link or has it been deleted altogether?