Looking to adopt small Chow Chow

People looking to adopt a Chow Chow.

Moderator: chowadmin

2jst4me
Rank 0
Rank 0

Looking to adopt small Chow Chow

Post by 2jst4me » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:25 am

I have been trying to adopt a small (30ish lbs) ChowChow for a year with no luck. My dad has always taken in "aggressive" dogs, usually Rottweilers, socialized them, trained them and then rehomed them. Growing up we helped my dad with the dogs. I have 2 boys and since they were old enough to walk they have helped my dad with the dogs. My dad "retired" last year and moved back home to Houston so we decided it was time to get a dog of our own. I never thought having children would disqualify me from adopting a dog but according to the multiple rescues that I have applied to, it does.

I have a 9 year old and a 15 year old. For most of their lives they have worked with dogs that have high anxiety and/or bite histories.
Due to our HOA restrictions we cannot have a dog that is bigger than 40lbs. We would really love a Chow.

If anyone knows of a smaller chow that is available for adoption and could go to a home with children PLEASE PLEASE reach out.

We live in San Diego, CA but are willing to travel a reasonable distance or arrange transportation.