Is my chowchow pure or mixed?

A special section for new Chow Chow guardians.

Moderator: chowadmin

AykeeLovesKeiSoMuch
Rank 0
Rank 0

Is my chowchow pure or mixed?

Post by AykeeLovesKeiSoMuch »

This is Kei, my first puppy. She's a chowchow, but I dont know if shes a pure or mixed one? She's 7 weeks old, Her tongue is kinda pinkish red with spotted blue (Hoping her tongue to be blue lol) Another one, can anyone say what chow is she? Smooth or rough? is she pure or mixed?

PLS SOMEONE ANSWER ME :(( :(
Attachments
last.jpg
last.jpg (154.65 KiB) Viewed 6765 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (151.6 KiB) Viewed 6765 times
loxton21
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Is my chowchow pure or mixed?

Post by loxton21 »

I’m new to this group, obviously this probably won’t help because your post was over a year ago. So your chow to me at least looks like she’s mixed, she almost looks like a lab puppy but that could just be that I’m use to rough coat chows. If yours is a chow I would say she’s a smooth coat (means short hair). What does she look like now?

This is what a rough coat looks like as a puppy, when it is an adult it almost looks like a lion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VelikayaPobeda
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by VelikayaPobeda »

loxton21 wrote:I’m new to this group, obviously this probably won’t help because your post was over a year ago. So your chow to me at least looks like she’s mixed, she almost looks like a lab puppy but that could just be that I’m use to rough coat chows. If yours is a chow I would say she’s a smooth coat (means short hair). What does she look like now?

This is what a rough coat looks like as a puppy, when it is an adult it almost looks like a lion

Hey Loxton, is that your chow? It looks just like our Simba!!

AlexaConroy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AlexaConroy »

In my opinion she is a mix.
furball
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by furball »

Oh my god, she’s adorable! I don’t care if she’s a mix, def looks chow enough for me!

Max, Ritz, Shelly & Hunter