Best Health Insurance Plan? (U.S.)

A special section for new Chow Chow guardians.

Moderator: chowadmin

Yudenma
Rank 0
Rank 0

Best Health Insurance Plan? (U.S.)

Post by Yudenma »

Hello everyone :) I have been a new chow owner for a month now (first time in my life) and I need advice on what is a good health insurance plan for my chow puppy. Please help! I live in the US and have an overall distrust of these insurance companies lol, and even with extensive reading I am just not able to confidently decide on what would be the best health insurance plan for my little puppy. I looked at what has been listed online as the top 5 best pet providers in the US (Healthy Paws, Pet Plan, Trupanion, Embrace and Pets Best) but still haven't decided. To chow owners in the US, please advise me and share your experiences, and who you think is the best provider for this breed. Thank you all. ‪#‎Chows4Life‬ :)
lorielllouie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Best Health Insurance Plan? (U.S.)

Post by lorielllouie »

I went into the vet to ask this same exact question and she told me if I am with state farm insurance (i'm not) then they have a deal and their own pet insurence if you have car insurance with them. I am not sure how it works but there is 3 types of insurance plans and the price is pretty low. If you have state farm insurance i would reccomend to look into that. If not, I also need help with finding the right insurance plan.
SusyandCarter
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Best Health Insurance Plan? (U.S.)

Post by SusyandCarter »

Hello! My first post -- I know this tread is a few months old, but we have had Embrace Pet Insurance since 2009 and for my Newfy girls and we just love it. It is well worth the monthly premiums IMHO.
Best regards,
Susy
~~~~
mum of 3 furbabies
2 Newfy girls Chumley & Leia, and Carter, our first Chow rescue