Best Puppy Food?

A special section for new Chow Chow guardians.

Moderator: chowadmin

atmomoftwo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Best Puppy Food?

Post by atmomoftwo »

Any recommendations for the best puppy food for a chow pup?
maikinda
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Best Puppy Food?

Post by maikinda »

There are a lot of good dog foods. Some dogs might do well on one that another dog doesn't. I always feed a grain free food but that is just what I like. The most important thing is to get a good dog food. I'm sending you a link with great information on dog foods. I'm sure you can find a good one available in your area. http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/brand/

Laura
Attachments
Micah tag.jpg
Micah tag.jpg (12.41 KiB) Viewed 8669 times
lorielllouie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lorielllouie »

I would suggest Orijen or taste of the wild, My chow loves both but we buy more of orijen.
PrincessFox
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by PrincessFox »

My pup eats solid gold bison and oatmeal formula. He's popping up like a bean sprout and is very active!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KringlesDad
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by KringlesDad »

We are doing Iams puppy food (chicken). We got him from the breeder on Purina Puppy Chow. We swapped him and now he pretty demands the Iams for feeding. He's putting on the pounds and growing like a weed!
Dusan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Dusan »

Monge. A just monge food

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BeJimmieAmirm
Rank 0
Rank 0

Best Puppy Food

Post by BeJimmieAmirm »

How many of you use the specific puppy foods versus feeding a normal high quality food. Think Pro Plan Large Breed Puppy vs. Pro Plan Performance 30/20. If you feed puppy food how long?
LaVitaEBella
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by LaVitaEBella »

Puppies should be fed three to four times a day therefore if you are currently feeding ¾ a cup of puppy food twice a day you should consider spacing it out by feeding ½ cup three times a day. Smaller meals are easier to digest for the puppy and energy levels don't peak and fall so much with frequent meals.

Fromm Gold Large Breed Puppy formula is considered by pet nutritionists to be the best puppy food for dogs that grow to more than 50 lbs which is a great puppy Chow food option. This blend is made with premium proteins such as fresh duck, chicken, lamb, whole eggs and real cheese.