Is my Chow Chow a pure breed?

A special section for new Chow Chow guardians.

Moderator: chowadmin

VasilisStratoula
Rank 0
Rank 0

Is my Chow Chow a pure breed?

Post by VasilisStratoula »

Hello everybody. I would like to know if my small chow chow is pure breed or not. When it was 3-4 months old , she used to have her tail carried on her back, but now her tail is never on her back and i am worried about it. Her tongue and lips are blue.
Attachments
hra.jpg
hra.jpg (103.21 KiB) Viewed 3688 times
hra ektoras.jpg
hra ektoras.jpg (98.89 KiB) Viewed 3688 times
hra 2.jpg
hra 2.jpg (62.93 KiB) Viewed 3688 times
WyoChowDad
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Is my Chow Chow a pure breed?

Post by WyoChowDad »

Your puppy looks like a pure Chow. The pictures are not very good however. I need to ask you why you would put a diaper on your Chow. I think you are probably causing the tail problem by putting a diaper on your puppy. Don't take offense but that is the wrong way to house train any dog. Any of us would be willing to give you tips on how to house train your Chow. I'm confident that nobody would suggest a diaper. Please let us know where you need help so your puppy can discard the Pampers!
VasilisStratoula
Rank 0
Rank 0

I used only 5 diapers for 1 and a half day when i first acquired her because i was traveling by ship and when i came home i took a photo of her with the diaper. never used diaper again. She was free in my garden all the time, so it wasnt necessary to wear it. Her tail after the travel was ok. When i acquired her she was 2,5 months old. Now she is 7 months and her tail is not carried in her back. As you can see in this photo her tail was up. Can i do something to fix her tail?
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (211.24 KiB) Viewed 3665 times
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

If she is lazy about carrying the tail, you could try a couple things, depending on how lazy she is really being.

If she is moderate, coach her. ''Tail Up", and give it a slight nudge. Repeat as needed until it is the new habit.

For more stubborn dog, position the tail, and place a damp towel across her back. The weight of the towel will keep the tail in proper position. She may try to shake the towel. If so, put it back.

It's all about repetition and habit training.
VasilisStratoula
Rank 0
Rank 0

Thank you very much. I will try your tips and then I' 'll post again