Is Ted aggressive or friendly?

A special section for new Chow Chow guardians.

Moderator: chowadmin

Ted
Rank 0
Rank 0

Is Ted aggressive or friendly?

Post by Ted »

Ted's been with me for 1.5 weeks now, so far he's doing great and show a lot of submissiveness, he learned to sit and stay, and he's very calm most of the day, my family can also pet him while he eats, and he obeys every members command as long as he gets his treat, but if he doesn't, he doesn't mind. He's eager to meet stranger and new people, whenever my door bell rang, he would run there and waited to be pet by strangers. The only problem is he nips a lot when he plays, but I've been teaching him bite inhibition which he learns quite fast, in just 3 days, the biting decreased by as much as 70-80%, and when he does bite, he knows how to control the force quite well.

So what do you think of him? I would like to know if your dog are same(behave) at Ted's age? He's 11 weeks old.
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Is Ted aggressive or friendly?

Post by Pinoy51 »

This sounds all very normal for 11 week old puppy.
It is very normal for puppies to explore things with their nose and mouth ( not much different for toddlers :lol: ).
The way you describe Ted he is very friendly and curious Chow baby.
Best regards
Pinoy51
DrewBear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Is Ted aggressive or friendly?

Post by DrewBear »

I agree it sounds perfectly normal. Congrats on the new family member. Fully enjoy puppyhood! Take tons of pics and vids.
'Bear' 1996 - 2011