HELP ME PLEASE IM CONFUSED

A special section for new Chow Chow guardians.

Moderator: chowadmin

tyxhan
Rank 0
Rank 0

HELP ME PLEASE IM CONFUSED

Post by tyxhan »

i have a two months old chow chow named chico im confused if he is a pure breed or not
he's color is cream and has a black purple tounge...
but he's mouth is somehow pointed at this
time and he is too small for two months old
i guess because what i see from the other chow they were only two months
but weighs atleast 4 to 6kls and way more bigger than chico..
is it normal? because chico only weighs 2kls...
im confused about my chow anyone help me please....
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: HELP ME PLEASE IM CONFUSED

Post by Rory's Dad »

post a photo. chows can vary quite a bit on weight depending on their type. some tend to be very athletic in build while others are stockier. the more athletic type tend to have a more pointed muzzle (open faced), while closed face chows can be heavier and more stout.
tyxhan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tyxhan »

my problem is i still dont know how to upload picture im kinda new here and i really need a help of a chow expert..
tyxhan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tyxhan »

if you have an email add i could send you some pic of my chow chow
tyxhan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tyxhan »

Rory's Dad wrote:post a photo. chows can vary quite a bit on weight depending on their type. some tend to be very athletic in build while others are stockier. the more athletic type tend to have a more pointed muzzle (open faced), while closed face chows can be heavier and more stout.

help me please i could send it to your email...
tyxhan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tyxhan »

Here is a pic of chico he is only two months old...is he a pure breed? He is too small for two months....
Attachments
VIDEO0043_0000057380.jpg
VIDEO0043_0000057380.jpg (152.51 KiB) Viewed 7936 times
tyxhan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tyxhan »

Here is a seond pic of him...please help of what do you think?
Im kinda confuse because he only weighs 2.5 kls for two months...most off two months i see is much more bigger than him....could anyone help me if he is a pure breed or not please...
Attachments
VIDEO0043_0000053174.jpg
VIDEO0043_0000053174.jpg (161.56 KiB) Viewed 7936 times
tyxhan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tyxhan »

Rory's Dad wrote:post a photo. chows can vary quite a bit on weight depending on their type. some tend to be very athletic in build while others are stockier. the more athletic type tend to have a more pointed muzzle (open faced), while closed face chows can be heavier and more stout.

did you see the pic of my chow already? i uploaded it...waiting for your feedback...
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

Hi! What a gorgeous pure bred open-faced rough coated chow chow with a nice purple black tongue! I have an open-faced red/cream rough coated chow chow who is short and stocky and weighs in at 53 lbs at 12.5 years old now...but she was 60 lbs. when she was 3.5 yrs. Some open-faced chows have much longer snouts and are more athletic. She also had entropion but never had very thick eyelids. Oh, she her face looks very much like the avatar I have!

Lucky you to have such a gorgeous cream chow. Enjoy!
Jennifer & Sheena
tyxhan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tyxhan »

Juniper wrote:Hi! What a gorgeous pure bred open-faced rough coated chow chow with a nice purple black tongue! I have an open-faced red/cream rough coated chow chow who is short and stocky and weighs in at 53 lbs at 12.5 years old now...but she was 60 lbs. when she was 3.5 yrs. Some open-faced chows have much longer snouts and are more athletic. She also had entropion but never had very thick eyelids. Oh, she her face looks very much like the avatar I have!

Lucky you to have such a gorgeous cream chow. Enjoy!

thank you sooo much i really apreciate it juniper for the comment i really needed that it just got me confused that he is small and very light for two months but thanx to you it made me confident that my lil chico is pure...thank you again... :)
tyxhan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tyxhan »

is he gona be a bear type?
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

Just like humans Chow Chows can be different in size, shape and color. Having a Chow Chow that is part another breed is not all bad. Your Chico looks to be a Chow Chow to me. Maybe the other Chow Chows you have seen are not pure and that is why they are larger. If your Chico is happy and healthy you are fortunate; so enjoy him. There is no need to worry how pure he is.
tyxhan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tyxhan »

wokman wrote:Just like humans Chow Chows can be different in size, shape and color. Having a Chow Chow that is part another breed is not all bad. Your Chico looks to be a Chow Chow to me. Maybe the other Chow Chows you have seen are not pure and that is why they are larger. If your Chico is happy and healthy you are fortunate; so enjoy him. There is no need to worry how pure he is.

thank you soo much wokman! apreciate it...ill be posting some pic of my chico after a month for you guys too see...again i apreciate the help... :wink:
wilson21
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by wilson21 »

Hi,I see your pic already,this is a pic of my baby chow last year,in China light white color is very popular.
It's ear should be cover round,not pointed.
Please check this pic below.I need to find some other pics to show you,it is not standard but many people agree that.
Attachments
my baby
my baby
12.jpg (168.11 KiB) Viewed 7864 times
tyxhan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tyxhan »

wilson21 wrote:Hi,I see your pic already,this is a pic of my baby chow last year,in China light white color is very popular.
It's ear should be cover round,not pointed.
Please check this pic below.I need to find some other pics to show you,it is not standard but many people agree that.

hi wilson thank you for the comment...your chow is very huugable soo cute...yeah your right he's ear's kinda pointed...but when i ask the breeder they told me that it is really the ear of open face rough coated chow...your's is closed face and trust me he is really adorable...and also the pet shop were i bought chico also told me that to wait atleast 6 month's for him to grow...what do you think should i do?...
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pinoy51 »

Your Chow, looks very much like my Nala.
I wouldn't worry about size and weight, she is now one year and about 38 pounds, still relatively small for a Chow.
But she's an adorable girl and best friend of Simba my male chow who is a bit about 44 pounds.
Best regards
Pinoy51
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

As Pinoy51 proves her Chow Chow Nala
has pointed ears and open face (wide eyes,
less pout mouth). Each Breeder of Chow Chow
has developed characteristics which they prefer
to see in the Dogs they breed.
Round ear, pointed ear, open face, closed face.
Rough, Smooth coats, Red, Black, Blue, Cream or
Cinnamon colors in all the various shades light
to dark are accepted, no one variety is right
or wrong. Love your Chow Chow for who it is
and next time, maybe if you buy your Companion
a friend you can get what you think should be the
ideal Chow Chow. 8) =}=
Arya
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Arya »