Harness Size

A special section for new Chow Chow guardians.

Moderator: chowadmin

chowjeff
Rank 0
Rank 0

Harness Size

Post by chowjeff »

Hi,
We are new to getting a puppy for our home, and i was wondering is anyone knew what size harness i should get for our new puppy. Most the harness go off Girth measurements, so does anyone who knows what girth i should expect? i would appreciate it.
Thanks.
Oscar's mum
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Harness Size

Post by Oscar's mum »

hi chowjeff
I've just got my chow chow last week and taken him to the pet shop where they measured him and fitted a small padded harness with adjustable straps....however as Oz will no doubt be a large dog by the time he's one, so I will need to replace this with a medium/large harness. Definitely take your chow to get measured and try a few styles on as I came away with a completely different style that I thought I needed.
Good luck!
Mam to Roxy Lady (RIP 2003 - 2013), Max-a-Million (2003) Theo-Dorable (2010) and The Great and Powerful OZ (2013)
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Harness Size

Post by Rory's Dad »

Oscar's Mom is correct. If you are getting a harness for your pup, you will need to get him measured and buy the largest harness that will fit him now expecting him to grow into it up to a certain point. Most likely, he will outgrow it (in fairly quick time), and need a larger size. This would be true for a standard collar as well.