We got lucky!

A special section for new Chow Chow guardians.

Moderator: chowadmin

Kspurlock
Rank 0
Rank 0

We got lucky!

Post by Kspurlock »

My chow baby is now almost 5 months old so we're starting to see more of her personality. And after reading some posts on this site we got lucky! Our baby is an angel. She hardly needs correction, is very polite (no jumping on guests), no biting, patient with food, and very loving. I know it is vital to spend a lot of time training your chow and in the beginning we did. But she is amazing! She always comes when called even while we're outside. We take her to the dog park every weekend and she is slightly apprehensive when meeting new dogs but with a look back to us and a "it's alright, go play" she's right at home and having a blast. With hardly any training she is getting better and better by the day, she enjoys baths, the vet, nail clippings, and although she tries to eat the brush she doesn't mind it. We continue to work with her and sometimes do have to correct her for gobbling down her sisters food but if that's her worst behavior ill take it!

I love my little chowbaby.
sashasayys
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: We got lucky!

Post by sashasayys »

Wow! I am pretty sure your dog is pure magic! :)
Kspurlock
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Kspurlock »

I don't know how we got so lucky! Don't get me wrong she has her rotten moments but overall she's a very well behaved little lady!
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

Enjoy every moment now; as you said her personality is still developing. Hope you do not have to clip her horns when going through the terrible two's. :lol: Sounds like your little Bugger is on the Golden Path to Chow perfection. 8) O:)
JammyJoy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JammyJoy »

You just got really lucky for having such a nice and brilliant chow. =D=