Advice for new chow owner

A special section for new Chow Chow guardians.

Moderator: chowadmin

krislitfo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Advice for new chow owner

Post by krislitfo »

Hi There.

Myself and my girlfriend have just got our first chow chow and we where just after a bit of advice if we may as we where wondering what more seasoned chow owners did to dry their bib off after they have had a drink? We have been advised a couple of things like talcum powder or corn powder but we wanted to check on here as well for some advice on whats best to do :D

Thanks everyone, we will be posting some pictures up of our chow soon!!

Kris
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Advice for new chow owner

Post by Rory's Dad »

Just use a towel. Or if they will tolerate it, a bandana/bib isnt a bad idea. Most grow out of it. If it really is an issue, try a shallower bowl, but i really think just be prepared to wipe them down.
krislitfo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by krislitfo »

Thanks Rory's Dad! I thought that's probably the case. I read online last night that one chow owner left a towel by the dogs bowl and the chow wiped their own mouth afterwards so we are going to try that too :-)

Thanks for your help!
Discipula
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Discipula »

You can get water bowls that have a plastic cover with just a small round opening so their fur doesn't get all wet, it is what we used for our show Chows, however I cannot remember where we got them. They are probably available at a big pet store.