Meet Borscht! What will she look like when shes older?

A special section for new Chow Chow guardians.

Moderator: chowadmin

JoeyKelly
Rank 0
Rank 0

Meet Borscht! What will she look like when shes older?

Post by JoeyKelly »

I am new here... Actually this is my first post and I feel bad that it's a topic, but I couldn't resist. I recently purchased my first Chow Chow, I love her so much and she is honestly the most well behaved dog I have ever met. She spent a good deal of time with her mommy and was totally potty trained when I got her. We are inseparable and I look forward to a long healthy friendship. I just have a quick question... what will she look like when older. In these pictures her age ranges from 2 months to 4 months old. Any input at all about her would be most appreciated as I am a total novice at this!! By the way, her name is Borscht! :D
Attachments
Borscht @ 3.5 months
Borscht @ 3.5 months
Borscht @ 50% 8.jpg (124.18 KiB) Viewed 3160 times
Borscht @ 2.5 months
Borscht @ 2.5 months
Borscht @50% 4.jpg (48.98 KiB) Viewed 3160 times
Borscht @ 2 months
Borscht @ 2 months
Borscht @ 50% 2.jpg (218.08 KiB) Viewed 3160 times
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Meet Borscht! What will she look like when shes older?

Post by wokman »

Well hello Borscht! It looks like your owner is on cloud nine to be your Guardian for life. \:D/
You can look at the Chow Chow Photo Gallery on this Forum and look at the Adult and Senior dogs there to get an idea of what your Puppy may look like later on in life. Also look on Bing or Google search engines image gallery where many different Chow Chow types are shown. Take advantage of the many different Forums on Chow Chow.org to learn about how to care for and raise your very intelligent and special Canine. :mrgreen:
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fozzbear »

She will look FABULOUS! Look at pictures of adult chows on the net or, even better, pictures of her Mum and Dad/relatives from your breeder. Then - just wait and see. You will think that she is the most gorgeous dog in the world because you love her. I never get tired of looking at my chows because I can't belive how great they are and how lucky I am to have them. I've noticed that there is quite a bit of variation between how chows look but they all look stunning.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Hello and welcome to the site. Your little girl is gorgeous and she will always look gorgeous! :D
Look at the other adult chows on the site - indeed look at my banner below - that first picture of Borscht looks a lot like my Matilda and Maisie. :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
JoeyKelly
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JoeyKelly »

Thanks so much guys! I am so excited about her, it seems as though all my hobbies and interests have come to a halt since I got her. She's all I can think about!! You're right, Judy... she does look a lot like your Matilda and Masie!!
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pinoy51 »

Chows specially pups, can be addictive due to their intelligence and cuteness.
Just don't forget to bring some discipline into her life as well. She will be 50pds plus soon, and will use her intelligence to make her life pleasant and fun and will take her own decisions if she feels she has too.
So prepare yourself to be a carrying and loving master and only give affection to a well behaved Chow.
Once affection and love is combined with discipline and challenging activities you will have a true balanced companion for many years to come.
Congratulation and take good care of your beautiful Borscht.
Best regards
Pinoy51