New puppy chow advice

A special section for new Chow Chow guardians.

Moderator: chowadmin

Tan160581
Rank 0
Rank 0

New puppy chow advice

Post by Tan160581 »

Hi everyone

I wrote a post a few months ago advice on getting a chow and today I went to choose one a little girl snd I bring her home in 2 weeks

However advice needed the pups weren't very friendly didn't greet us and when I picked up the one we chose she wasn't that friendly and didn't look me in the eyes just looked like she rather be anywhere but my lap I know they suppose to be aloof but is that the chow way?

Also the plan was I would be in my new house which is massive with a large garden but the lady whose house we buying the house she was buying pulled out so she back to house hunting again and we are in a tiny 1 bed house with no garden but a green outside til we can move into our new home so I'm thinking this be at least another 2 months now in this place and I have 1 dog Chinese crested and some sphynx cats and a savannah so not a ideal situation to bring a puppy into I asked the breeder if she would hold on to pup another month til 12 weeks old but she said no and I paid for pup now how as experienced chow owners would u make the best of a bad situation and make this work til I move to my bigger house please x
Cam Atis
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: New puppy chow advice

Post by Cam Atis »

Just bear with it. Chows can thrive in a small area. Most breeders does not agree to care for the pups longer than 2 months from birth. Because of so many reasons. Some agree but for an added fee.
Tan160581
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Tan160581 »

thanks i was just worried that with the cats and my dog bringing a chow into a small home is going to be too much and wont have space to have her own space and run and play as i mean this place is small and we are all in boxes as thought we would be moved by now.

also when you get a puppy chow do they squeak and cry of a night i was going to put her in a crate as that is what breeder suggested only thing is here where i am, as i am semi detached my neighbour will go mad if she does squeak as i had my mums puppy for one night when she went away and he was knocking on my door in the morning and i dont want to make him mad again, or would it be better if i slept beside my chow of a night or would that mean she would expect that all the while, i mean once she house trained she will be free to roam where she wants to sleep

also re not having a garden to train her to be house trained how hard is that going to be, i know i should of waited til i was in my house before even looking for a chow, but i assused we would be in there now and when this litter come up and the lady had both parents and was kennel club registered i thought sounded a good breeder etc

also as i said earlier chow pup was not over friendly is that what all chow pups are like as i have to earn her love xxx
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

your pup may squeek a bit in the beginning, but if you dont give in, it will settle.
LeoMax
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by LeoMax »

For your puppy you should use Dogs Chew-Chips. Dogs are also like to this. I also give my dog for chewing. I buy7 this online @ all4petsmart.com
Buy Online Dog Accessories & Get Discount...