CASSIE is HOME! (my Chow at first sight)

A special section for new Chow Chow guardians.

Moderator: chowadmin

Cam Atis
Rank 2
Rank 2

CASSIE is HOME! (my Chow at first sight)

Post by Cam Atis »

Hi everyone! Cassie is with us now in my place. We got her from the breeder Feb 07, and we flew back home Feb09. I thought she was shy (contrary to her breeder's say that she is very mischievous). I had to handfed her at first, letting her lick my hands and later she'd eat her food only when I hand fed her. Next day, she's feeding herself but her "shyness" is still hanging over us. She'd squeeze herself somewhere inbetween the bathroom bowl and wall. then when she hears the sound of her food clanging, she's back out and eat. :P I reckon that her behavior (apparent shyness) is really a chow thing. Because she is now rumbunctious and would assert herself to me and behaves like any other dog. Funny thing, at home already, when I put her in her crate, she'd protest by biting the wire mesh, barking (that's 4 days of "no barking" I was beginning to think she doenst know how to bark) AND if nothing happens...she turns her back on me everytime!! :lol: She's still nipping , sometimes with force - but if she knew I got hurt, she'd look somewhere else, wandering about the kitchen - pretending nothing happened.
What I observed , she is very self-possessed, she kept quiet when we were in the hotel even when we have to leave her for 4 hours. She's confident and assertive. Now that she is really into us, she'd let us know if she wanna go, she'd whine or even bark. if there are guests (like my Mom) she'd scramble to hide inside her crate again. They thought she was afraid. But judging from her attitude, she is just not interested into getting into knowing who you all are - coz I just met you - kind of thing
(I am glad her pedigree certificate shows champion lines on both side = Sire and Dam ancestors) The breeder by the way,is okay - up to my taste. as well as his other dogs.
Michael's Maggie May
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: CASSIE is HOME! (my Chow at first sight)

Post by Michael's Maggie May »

Adorable
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

A wonderful bunch of fluff. Congratulations! She's a beauty!!
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
Kaysa
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Kaysa »

What a beautiful little ball of fur :D Congratulations, she's gorgeous
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Yes indeed she is beautiful. :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Cam Atis
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cam Atis »

Thanks! I flipped her second photo in the photobucket and tried pasting it here but no success...and eureka! It automatically replaced the orig. How i did it i dont know. you can see close up. :-)
MissV
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MissV »

CAM!!!! I'm so happy for you my friend! Your pup is too cute!
Pure is the heart of an animal - Evil is the heart of man...
bellachow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bellachow »

She is a cutie! There is nothing like a little ball of fur to brighten up your day!