HELP! New Chow Chow Puppy Owner!

A special section for new Chow Chow guardians.

Moderator: chowadmin

VicBoz
Rank 0
Rank 0

HELP! New Chow Chow Puppy Owner!

Postby VicBoz » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:21 am

Hi,

I was hoping a seasoned Chow Chow expert could help me! I saw an Ad on Kijiji for a super handsome Chow Chow; sent the Seller an inquiry and within hours, he showed up on my door step, left the dog in the crate on the ground and claimed he was in a hurry and had to leave ASAP, the first look I even had of my new pup was after this "breeder" took off, took his money and vanished. Best decision I ever made, I saved the little guys life. When I looked in the crate, I saw the most handsome boy, caked in his own mess (weeks worth), he was also extremely sick. Fast forward, he is super clean, super happy and on the road to a healthy recovery.

I'm trying to piece together his life, was he from a puppy mill? breeder? the seller was very vague and claimed he was the breeder, it makes me sick that people like this exist. I saw the same Seller post an Ad hours later for a Bulldog he was also "Breeding" .. Low & Behold the Bulldog happened to have the same Birthday as my Chow Chow.

Anyways, before you judge me, I had no idea scams, online fake breeder postings or puppy mills existed, I had ZERO intentions on supporting a monstrous industry, however I do not regret it, because I saved my dogs life.

He is Fawn, Short Haired, Green Eyes, Black Tongue (No Pink Spots), they said he was 11 months, his birthday was July 4 2017. He weighs 15 Pounds (6.8Kg).

Here is a list of my questions:

How can I confirm he is a Chow Chow, what if he is a Chow Chow Mix, would he still have a Purple/Black tongue if he was mixed?

What type of mix does a Fawn, Short Haired, Green Eyes, Black Tongue sound like?

How can I confirm or estimate his age?

Is he under weight or over weight for 11 months? (15 Pounds)

If he is under weight can I assume he is not 11 months?

.. He does look like a Chow Chow, he has great Fur, he has zero resemblance to a Shar Pei (which could explain his Purple/Black Tongue), I am just hoping to find out more about my little guy. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank You!

Return to “New Chow Chow Owners”