Hello - Need advise

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

lenahc3
Rank 0
Rank 0

Hello - Need advise

Post by lenahc3 »

Hi,
I have 15 month old Cream Chow, he is not fixed & AKC registered. I got him when he was 9 weeks old it took almost a month for him to get used to use he did not eat for the first 3 days he was with us. I took home everywhere, work, picking up kids, to see family friends etc. He still is not good with strangers or people he does not see everyday. I love him & my kids love him, he is good with kids. He barks a lot more than other chow's I had in the past. He will flat out ignore you. Unless he wants attention, then he is gonna get attention. If he gets out he runs and will not come back, unless he wants too. If we call him he will not come. Unless treats are involved he won't even look at you. He barks and jumps at new people but if they move he jumps back. He does not like collars or being on a leash.
I was diagnosed with MS in December of 2018 and am not sure what to do. Do I keep him and keep trying? Do I try to find him a home? I am lost and have been stressing over this because we do love him.