Hello

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

ThatchsMom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Hello

Post by ThatchsMom »

Hi, I got Thatcher at the age of 7 weeks, he is currently 6 months old. He has been great, house training was a breeze and he doesn’t have accidents at this point. I have 2 classes during th day for 50 minutes so I let him stay out of the crate because I have never had any problems. Within the last week he has started ripping the carpet up at the door and I’m not sure what else to do. I have tried covering the area with different objects and using a rug to over the area. My boyfriend wants to try to use a shocking collar on him. I am not sure how I feel about that with him. He’s is the sweetest, snuggliest, little fluff ball. Has anyone had issues with this and have any ideas to solve it? Also has anyone used a shocking collar on their chow chow?
JenniferAdams
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Hello

Post by JenniferAdams »

Hi, it's great to hear that Thatcher is behaving well and the house training went smoothly. It's understandable that you're worried about tearing the carpet, but using a shock collar may not be the best solution. There are other ways to influence the behavior, such as giving Thatcher more exercise and providing him with plenty of chew toys to divert his attention. Consulting a professional dog trainer or behaviorist may also be helpful. Remember that positive reinforcement is often more effective at changing behavior than punishment. If you decide to buy a shock collar, I will leave links to proven collars https://petspy.com/collections/ecollars . Good luck with Thatcher!