Aggressive Behavior Already?

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

ashes486
Rank 0
Rank 0

Aggressive Behavior Already?

Post by ashes486 »

Hi everyone! I have been following this site for quite some time and I have done ample research on chow chows. I have wanted a pup for a lonnnnng time so I finally decided to break down and get one. I wanted a chow because while they look cute and cuddly, they make excellent guard dogs and have many cat-like mannerisms. His name is Mooshu and he is precious...however...he has quite a menacing side and I can't figure out if this is early aggression or just a puppy phase :| He is 12 weeks now, I have had him since he was 6 weeks old. He can sit, stay, shake, follow commands, etc. He even attended his first training class yesterday. The issue is biting. I realize all puppies bite...but he just won't stop. I have tried EVERYTHING and nothing seems to work. I have tried distracting him with other toys so he won't chew up my arms, told him to stop, crated him for a bit (I realize this could be seen as punishment, but if I didn't he would've severely bitten my friend's arm). This puppy has been EXTREMELY socialized, from the moment he was brought home. I am writing tonight because he has started barking, growling at, and even biting anyone who comes into my house. Even my mother and father (they watch him while I'm at work so he's used to them) ER nurse here! Anyway, I love this dog very much and despite the fact I haven't had him very long, I'm super attached. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :D