Hello

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

Chloechar
Rank 0
Rank 0

Hello

Post by Chloechar »

Hello. We just brought home our first puppy chow and she is 3 months old. She readily learned to go pee and potty (with a couple of accidents the first two days) I have a couple of questions that hopefully someone can help me with. When we brought her home, the breeder suggested we use a rounded slip leash when taking her for walks. What types of leashes do others use? Today I took her for a walk and she saw another dog. At first she sat and perked up her ears, then the barking and growling. The other dog was way across the park. She kept trying to pull the leash and run towards the other dog. She got very excited (which is expected) and it was difficult to calm her down. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
JammyJoy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Hello

Post by JammyJoy »

I prefer you a on-leash reactivity. Because reactive behavior does not discriminate by breed or background. It occurs in dogs purebred and mixed who were acquired as puppies from breeders and adopted from rescues. And it happens to dogs who live in responsible, loving homes.