Hello! Looking To Adopt!

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

kgibree
Rank 0
Rank 0

Hello! Looking To Adopt!

Post by kgibree »

Hello everybody!

My name is Kelsey and I am in the process of looking for a Chow Chow to adopt! I have never owned a dog before and have been in love with the Chow Chow breed for some time now. I am currently living in Boston, Massachusetts but I am relocating to Austin, Texas next week! My boyfriend and I are looking to adopt a Chow Chow from the Houston Chow Chow Connection. I am so happy there is an online community like this that we can refer to when we have questions. Everyone here seems extremely friendly and knowledgeable!

Looking forward to getting to know the community. I am sure I will be asking tons of questions. :D
jhawk83
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Hello! Looking To Adopt!

Post by jhawk83 »

Hi Kelsey, a friend of mine passed away yesterday leaving behind a very loyal 7 year old Chow named Kohl. I believe he is up to date medically, but there is no family to adopt him. We are trying to find him a new home.
Kohl.jpg
Kohl.jpg (80.09 KiB) Viewed 2759 times
He's in Lenexa, KS; (Kansas City), but we'd be willing to help out with transport. He needs to find a home soon. Jeff Stevens
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Hello! Looking To Adopt!

Post by Rory's Dad »

Very nice to see your post. Welcome!

I think adopting out of the Houston area once you locate is a fantastic idea. Hope that works.

I would offer a word of caution about relocating chows. If they are used to cooler climates they have trouble adjusting to the temp changes. I think local is better. The breathing just becomes labored and they don't ventilate well when switching to warm weather if they aren't used to it.