Chow Chow lover

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

ChowChowWorldwide
Rank 0
Rank 0

Chow Chow lover

Post by ChowChowWorldwide »

Hi everyone

My name is Joel and I am a huge Chow Chow lover.

Currently I work in Melbourne as a lawyer.

As a hobby independent of work, I am looking to start a fun, humorous Instagram based on Chow Chows to help bring the Chow Chow-loving community (within Victoria, but also Australia and the world) closer together, and to promote the breed and its welfare in general.

To begin with, I am hoping to build an Instagram page with the underpinning theme or idea being dressing Chow Chows up in various, topical costumes.

If anyone has photos of their Chow Chow dressed up as a celebrity that they would be comfortable sharing, let me know and we can talk or you can send the photo/s to chowchowworldwide@gmail.com.

Or if anyone wants to chat Chows Chows more broadly, I would love to engage with you.

In all, I love Chow Chows, I think they are the best dog breed in terms of manner and looks, and I want to use my spare time to promote them when I can.

Joel.
ski
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Chow Chow lover

Post by ski »

I applaud your enthusiasm. Chows are remarkable but they are a very proud breed and they don't take well to "dressing up"... You have a beautiful city. Lived there and loved it but never did see a chow the entire time we were there!
bernard
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by bernard »

Hi

I also love your enthusiasm and agree that Chow Chows are the best dog breed!

Do you have any examples of what you might be dressing them up as? This would be a great laugh! I would be more than happy to contribute!
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Absolutely love the idea of promoting the Chow breed, as others have said. But I have owned Chows for over 20 years and have always discouraged my children from costuming the dogs. I have always told them that Chows are a proud breed and should not be subjected to such things. In my house we even call the anti-scratch/bite collar the Cone of Shame.

In the newsletter that I write, I did an article that showed the Hall of Shame which included Lion Cuts, Shaved Chows, and Chows Painted to look like Pandas. I also included a Chow in Mardi Gras gear.

Being from New England though, I will admit to dressing our female chow in a Patriots bandana one time. But that was the extent of costumes.

All that being said...LOL...I can't support the concept. I agree that the enthusiasm is fantastic. Just not for us...and please don't take my response as negative. Please do see the humor in all of it.