Help with my adopted 5mth old puppy

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

My-chow-Thor
Rank 0
Rank 0

Help with my adopted 5mth old puppy

Post by My-chow-Thor »

Ive recently adopted a 5 mth old pup that ive fallen in love with immediately. He learnt to pee and poo outside overnight, he behaves well, is super friendly, and is extremely smart. I am not working atm so have plenty of time for him. He is taken for walks twice a day, is feed well, plays with other dogs well, infact he is pretty much the dream dog. I love him.

Im just concerned because when ever i sit anywhere near him, he will get up and move himself away from me before sitting back down. He doesn't like to get on our bed when we are laying down and pretty much likes everyone petting him except for me.

Ive tired treats, ive tried cuddles, i train him daily and can't think of a reason why he wouldn't like me. I could never tell him off for anything and since getting him am just about the happiest person in the world.

Why won't he sit or lay with me or come to me when i call him?
FurParent
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Help with my adopted 5mth old puppy

Post by FurParent »

Maybe your dog has a trauma but it will be okay if you going for a training program to help him to change this kind of behaviour.
Chow Tribe
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Chow Tribe »

Because he is a chow.lol.He will adjust ;dont worry.:) dont force him;he will come when he wants.Chows arent `cuddly` dogs;they come when they want affection.
nomadtofu
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by nomadtofu »

Just continue being nice to him, training him, feeding him but remember don't spank him. He will soon warm up to you.