Is my chow a pure bred chow?

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

GowGurl
Rank 0
Rank 0

Is my chow a pure bred chow?

Post by GowGurl »

hi :) her name is Wacka :) she just turned 5 months a few days ago..

She is the daughter of two cream chows :) She has drop ears which we are trying to fix using calcium supplement and B supplement :) Her tongue also has some pink on it but also has some blue black color..

People when they see her think she is cute but then when they see her tongue they immediately say she is a mix.. I have her papers and I have seen her parents and her brother has a solid blue tongue .. i love her no matter what but i get so frustrated with people telling me im lying when i say she is a pure chow :( does her drop ears and tongue show that she isnt a pure chow?

attached are some of her photos with her brother and her furents :)
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (24.4 KiB) Viewed 2611 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (15.08 KiB) Viewed 2611 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (19.66 KiB) Viewed 2611 times
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Is my chow a pure bred chow?

Post by Rory's Dad »

Cream chows are notorious for not carrying the color through their mouths and noses. This does not mean she is not a purebred chow. It actually happens more often than when they do keep solid color traits. Most people that show their cream chows do so before they are a year old, because the nose color, even if solid as pups goes away quickly, and in the US the mouth coloring is overlooked in pups less than a year old.

The drop ears a common in heavier pups. Try sprinkling unflavored gelatin on the food. It helps to build the bone mass in the ears.
Foreverchow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Foreverchow »

She is beautiful... you are very lucky! I see no contest: she is definitely a chow chow!
FurParent
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FurParent »

So adorable. I think she is pure chow chow.