Newborn chow's color :/

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

Chowfan17
Rank 0
Rank 0

Newborn chow's color :/

Post by Chowfan17 »

Hi Guys! I'm new here and I just want to ask some questions. I own a Red female chow named Chilla and she gave birth to 8 healthy puppies. I'm really happy and feel so blessed to have them. 3 of them are black however I noticed that they have a tan-grayish color on their legs and chin much like a rottweiler's pattern. I'm just wondering if it is normal for a newborn black chows to have an extra color aside from a solid black color? Because as far as I know black chows supposed to have only 1 solid color and I'm starting to wonder if the tan-grayish color will fade or turn to black as they grow. Did anyone had the same experience with their newborn pups? It's my 1st time to breed a chow but I'm pretty sure that she and the stud are purebred because they looked exactly like the ones you see in the internet and I have their papers/documents as a proof that they are pure. I hope you can help me and shed a light cause I'm really confused. Thank you in advance!:)
Attachments
chillapig and babies.jpg
chillapig and babies.jpg (57.46 KiB) Viewed 2973 times
chow3.jpg
chow3.jpg (49.34 KiB) Viewed 2973 times
chow2.jpg
chow2.jpg (46.08 KiB) Viewed 2973 times
Tonggalloway
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Newborn chow's color :/

Post by Tonggalloway »

I know it's a long shot but we too have this confusion with our chow litter. We have a creme female and red male. The puppy in question looks like a rottweiler's color. Did you ever get to see the adult coat color of this puppy to see how it turned out?