New Chow owner

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

Ags
Rank 0
Rank 0

New Chow owner

Post by Ags »

Hello! My family just got ourselves a puppy a month ago. We had no plans of buying a dog because of allergies in the family but we saw him being sold and it was love at first sight. He allegedly has papers which we are still waiting to receive. Yuan looks like a chow but his tongue isn't pure blue-black. We got him at a little over 8 weeks of age so the seller said it would still fill in. No big issue for us since we don't intend to show or breed. I just want to thank everyone for all the information that they've shared on this board since it has been very educational for us.
Cindygadget
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: New Chow owner

Post by Cindygadget »

As an avid chow owner of over 7 in 22 years, I definitely see chow in your baby. Solid blue black tongues are usually reserved for purebreds. I have had them all, rot- chow, Spitz chow and pure, short and long haired. Chow still seems to be the dominate personality. That is the great part. Best friends in the world. Have fun
ski
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ski »

Congratulations! I can see why you couldn't resist him. He is beautiful!
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

He is a beautiful looking pup. The breeder was correct in that most times the spotting seen in young pups will darken into that full blue/black tongue.

Good luck with the allergies. You may need it.
Ags
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Ags »

Thank you!

We will certainly need the good luck wish. Allergies were my main concern but we were with him for almost an hour after seeing him and we just couldn't leave without him. :x
mysticsmary
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mysticsmary »

Aw he is a cutie
Ags
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Ags »

Thanks! He has grown so much in just 2 months.