Hello! I'm a Chow owner wannabe

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

germyong
Rank 0
Rank 0

Hello! I'm a Chow owner wannabe

Post by germyong »

Hi all! I've been contemplating a Chow for more than a year. Canned the idea for a while because I've never had a dog and my husband is concern I can't manage a Chow and vice versa. HOWEVER, after a year of looking around, I still can't take my eyes off any chow that pass me (online, "live") and not feel a tinge of sadness or envy. After much negotiation, my husband finally agreed on me getting one from a reputable breeder. I've read a couple of books, volunteering now at a shelter to be more familiar with dogs, etc, and now the forum to get as much info as possible so I won't let my future Chow down.

I'm very curious to know where you guys get your beautiful chow-dren from (adopt where, breeder who) and how has the love affair been going. Thanks for sharing in advance!
maikinda
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Hello! I'm a Chow owner wannabe

Post by maikinda »

Have you considered a rescue? There are some beautiful chows with lovely temperaments that need homes. If you are on facebook look for Chow Chow Rescue of Central New York page. The have rescues in foster homes in different parts of the country.

Good luck with your search!

Laura
Attachments
Micah tag.jpg
Micah tag.jpg (12.41 KiB) Viewed 3277 times
germyong
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by germyong »

Thanks Laura! I've liked them on fb. However, I am in Seattle so I'm not very hopeful due to the distance. Thanks for the suggestion though! :)
maikinda
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by maikinda »

Maybe this will be of help.

Laura

PNW Chow Chow Rescue
518 Old Tulalip Rd

Tulalip, WA 98271
Phone: 360 653-6830

Email: Chw4Now1@aol.com