NEED HELP Adopted chow went after labs jugular

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

dbean
Rank 0
Rank 0

NEED HELP Adopted chow went after labs jugular

Post by dbean »

Hi. I adopted an adult Chow who is very loving and taken to me immediately. He was in a shelter. He did go after my small lab/boxer mix once and I thought we nipped that in the butt. Apparently not. My lab mix is a goofy luv bug not a fighter at all. My chow went after his jugular tonight and I for a 2nd time had to pull him off. There is a 3rd dog a female lab he just give low growl to on occasions but seems to be ok with her and doesn't get upset when I give her attention.. Its the 2yr old lab who is a boy which is probably part of the problem but he's not trying for pecking order. he's goofy and even tries to be friendly with him and wants to play.

I've had chows before and NEVER had 1 attack another dog. I don't want to find a chow rescue for him. I'd like to keep him here. He is a mix. They said with lab but his physical appearance once you get past his coat looks to be shepherd build and maybe a tiny lab. My previous was same mix but more lab.

He does view me as his hero. sticks to me like glue, follows from room to room as do my other 2 dogs. I need to be able to get him to understand the rules. NO fighting! Going after my little guys jugular is not OK..

I need help!
JammyJoy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: NEED HELP Adopted chow went after labs jugular

Post by JammyJoy »

Chow Chows must be accustomed to people at an early age so that their territorial instincts are properly discriminatory.