Looking for puppies

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

Soccer Dad
Rank 0
Rank 0

Looking for puppies

Post by Soccer Dad »

Hello fellow ChowChow lovers,
I had a red ChowChow 45 lbs, his name was Ruckus and a black ChowChow 45 lbs, her name was Pookie. Ruckus lived 14 years and Pookie an amazing 17 years. In the time I had these wonderful dogs I got married and had 2 kids of my own. My kids are now 13 and 16 and they are both competitive athletes so I have not got any more ChowChows because our lives have been so busy I don't feel it is fair to leave my dogs at home alone for days at a time. But now I am ready to get a couple more ChowChows.

Now, there are a few things I would like to avoid. Both Ruckus and Pookie had to have surgery on thier eye lids because they roll inward causing thier eyes to constantly tear. The surgery helped a little. And Ruckus would constantly chew himself. I spent thousands of dollars with allergy testing, antihistamines, etc. I realize these are traits of pure bread dogs because of the process of keeping blood lines pure. Is it possible to find a pure bread ChowChow without these side effects? It kills me to see any dog wear the cone or bandages so they don't hurt themselves. I don't want to say money is not an issue because it is a factor but I would pay a little more to ensure my new babies are healthy and strong without these kinds of medical issues.

ChowChows are some of the smartest, caring, protective, passionate animals that I have ever witnessed. And I miss them. Ruckus and Pookie both new 33 commands that could be understood both verbally and with a body motion. And we did this while playing around. They are truly amazing.

Thank you, Craig