My chow keep wanting to be on my lap

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

ElaineHav
Rank 0
Rank 0

My chow keep wanting to be on my lap

Post by ElaineHav »

Hi all
My chow is nearly 2 years old
Last night she keeps jumping on the bed and wakes my husband and i up the whole time, she has never done this before, the previous time she did it, we figured out she was too hot and we put the fan on in the room and she was happy, but not last night. Even today her tail is down and she keep wanting to sit on my lap or lie on top of me on the couch.
I have no idea what is bothering her
Anyone have an idea?
WyoChowDad
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: My chow keep wanting to be on my lap

Post by WyoChowDad »

Sounds to me like she may be sick or stressed. I would really keep an eye on her and get her to the vet if she displays a fever or lack of appetite. Has anything changed in the house or your daily routine? Make sure she is able to urinate without difficulty. It could be many things but she certainly is stressed and you'll really have to watch her to figure it out. I wish you the best of luck finding the answer.
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Couple of things to consider.

She could have just decided that she is more of a people dog than previously thought. My female is like that. She will be 2 in December and has just recently switched from being a family dog (she has only ever wagged her tail for my wife, and allows my daughter to pose her in all sorts of embarrassing positions). Now I think she has decided she is my dog. She will sit at my side without fail. She has decided that the gates previously used to separate her and our male chow are no longer meant for her if I am in the other room. She used to go outside and just hang out. Now she goes out and in about 3 minutes is pawing at the door to come back in. I think its just a change in her needs/personality and she is becoming less shy about expressing them.

The 2nd thing is if she is not fixed. Females will (without a doubt) become more clingy during a heat. You mention that she has never done this before, but then mention the previous time, so do some calendar math. If about 6 months or so, you may have the answer.
ElaineHav
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ElaineHav »

Thanks guys
Figured out that she doesnt like the blinds tapping against the window when the wind blows, i closed the window and now she seems okay