Chow lover!!!

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

Blikky'sBoy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Chow lover!!!

Post by Blikky'sBoy »

I've owned one. Blik or Blikky. She was everything a Chow is. Fiercely devoted to her boy. Proud, snooty, funny, deadly to squirrels, hated cats but tolerated them. Alpha over everything, sweet, owned all gates and fences. She loved to disappear into the firelight. She really enjoyed the fear she could elicit from girls. She's so cute then those fangs!!
She got snappy at 2 and I had to push her lip into her teeth only once. The dog aggression took longer to end and never really did. But she trained not to bite but loved to slash with an open mouth. She just lays on the floor and only gets uo to go outside. She then lays down on the hard floor. Why won't she lay on carpet? good luck getting her on a chair, bed or sofa. She's spartan. She likes to suffer. She's suffering because you're not here. When I had to leave her she'd cryyyy and cryyyy and bite, bite, bite my feet. Repeatedly.
A Chow's devotion is fierce. Nobody else would ever do. I loved her so much. She made it to 14 years. She was almost completely indestructible. She showed me that too many times. It was freaky. What would have killed most other dogs she had a habit of easily surviving. In Minneapolis she loved to chase squirrels. Finally catching one. In her mouth, drop that! She did. COME!!! She started and stopped. COME HERE!!! She looked at me like that's my squirrel. You can't have it. MINE!! She had specific facial expressions. And people who say dogs don't have emotions are idiots.
She talked to me with her face. Anger, irritation, indigence, joy, confusion, love. I always knew how she felt. But when her pride was taken she was destroyed. I saw that three times and I had such a hard time not laughing. But I'm NOT FUNNY!! She would show me indignation with that. OUTRAGE!! Chows are awesome. I'll have another some day. She'll be cream colored. Or blond. Whatever you'd like to call her. She will be a she. She'll bond with my son and me. We'll be her boys. CHOWS ROCK!!!
ski
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Chow lover!!!

Post by ski »

Thanks for your post. I can relate your story to our Loki who is now 11 years old. He is failing but still proud, stubborn and fierce loyal.