Rescued Chow looking for a Home

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

Mochi_thechow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Rescued Chow looking for a Home

Post by Mochi_thechow »

Dear Chow Owners, Rescuers and Enthusiast,

I rescued Mochi http://instagram.com/p/nmyaqHBXqQ/ about two months ago. She was roaming my neighborhood in Southeast LA for around three months dragging her chain. I tried removing her chain when I first saw her, but I was only able to tear a piece of the rope that was tied to her chain. Three months later, I saw her again around my block dragging a LONGER rope tied to her chain. This time I was able to get her entire chain off and put my own leash around her. She showed little resistance and very subtle defensive behavior. I took her in and with the help of a friend that works at a vet clinic, I buzzed her hair, gave her a bath, and paid for her shots. She had severely matted hair, but was overall in good health. She handled all the poking and prodding really well and seemed really calm. I took her in hoping to find a home for her, but I was not able to find anyone who was interested. A month passed and it seemed like she was going to become part of the family, which includes three other dogs. Everyday that passed she seemed to act more and more like a dog and less like a scared animal. However, on June 14, 2014, Mochi bit our chihuahua twice. I did not see the attack, but my mother described it as all of a sudden. Mochi and our chihuahua were sharing a bed. The chihuahua was barking because she heard a noise and Mochi bit into her and pinned her down. My mom, sister and other dogs all intervened but not before she could take another bite at our chihuahua. All in all, our chihuahua survived with four deep puncture wounds and several stitches. The event took us all by surprise. Mochi had been coexisting with our dogs for about a month with no signs of aggressive behavior. We are not sure what sparked her to attack our chihuahua seeing as though barking is a common behavior with our chihuahua. Now my mom wants her gone ASAP. We currently have in our backyard separated from the other dogs, but it pains us to isolate her. Even though she did what she did, we feel for her. I can't stand the thought of leaving her at a shelter. We might be the only humans who have ever cared for her, and it made us happy tho give her a home. However, after the incident, we just do not feel comfortable leaving her alone with our other dogs. So, I am looking to this organizations and others like it to find her a loving home were Mochi can live a peaceful life. She has all her shots and she is spayed. Please help me find her a home. I am willing to travel outside the Los Angeles region if there's a home waiting for her. Thank you. Image

Sincerely,

Hector Gonzalez
Hectorg.del@gmail.com
(323) 360-6804