New Chow Chow owner - tips and advice anyone

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

Nchowchow
Rank 0
Rank 0

New Chow Chow owner - tips and advice anyone

Post by Nchowchow »

Hello to all! I just registrated to this forum. As I can find this is the best place for Chow Chow informacion online!

First, I must say that my english writing is not at the highest level but I hope it will get better :D

I look forward to your advice of an experienced owner!

To introduce myself and my Chow Chow puppy, we are from Belgrade, Serbia. He is a puppy, now 9 weeks old. I got him when he was 6 weeks old (I know that thats is a little early). I myself dont have any experience in raising a puppy, but I do my best! After a lot of reading and thinking I decidet to get a Chow Chow, and Im glad I did that! I read a lot about Chow Chow's but there is not as many information out there for them as it is for other breeds.

I think that so far we have been doing very good...he learned to go potty in the backyard (but rarely he dose it in one part of the room), hi is used to the family members and my friends, there are a lot of toys for him, we are gives him a lot of attention (some one is by his side all day :) ) In all hi is a very playful and smart puppy I think... but I would like to ask a few questions (sorry if there are already answers to them on this forum).
First, can I start giving him treats (hi is eating solid food - royal canin)? What kind of treats are best?
Second, can I start giving him a little of real food? Like bananas, rice, apples ect?
Thired, when hi is excited he nibbles on our hands or feet, how to stop that? He thinks it is all just a game...
And last, how and when do I start training him for commands, and how do I make him learn his name?

All tips, advace, tricks...are welcomed!!! Thank you all very much in advance!!!
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: New Chow Chow owner - tips and advice anyone

Post by Pinoy51 »

I'm sorry that no-one bothered to come back to you with your questions, but indeed a lot of what you asked if not all is present in the forum, you just need to look for it.
Let me know if you still have questions I promise to answer as fast as possible. I have been very busy in the last weeks, therefore the chowchow.org dropped from my list.
Best regards
Pinoy51