ARI The Chow

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

BabblingBrooke
Rank 0
Rank 0

ARI The Chow

Post by BabblingBrooke »

I have had Chow mixes as guard dogs but decided this time to go for a full Chow.
Ari as a Puppy of 2 months was thrown into my arms by an owner who could not get rid of him fast enough.
I never got to meet him first or pay for him! I was told he lived outside, and he is horrible getting bathes. This poor puppy never had a a leash, or collar. He cowered when I lifted my hand to pet him. He took the underneath of the coffee table as his dog house and he did play dead the first time I ran a bath for him. If I said: come here, he would go the opposite way. He was scared to go outside in front.

We have been together for 9 months now. We have gotten through most of his problems..except maybe bathtime. He does play dead still. He has bounded with my 4 Cavallier King Charles. I foster baby animals...one of which stayed with us..a kitten, that he lets sit on his paws and looks at with loving eyes. LULU.
I cannot say enough good things about this breed. The pac leader of the Cavalliers has had some problems with him, most notably nipping. The male Cavalliers have given it back to my surprise. ..and all is peaceful. I did turn over Ari several on his back, took his paws in my hand and explained , he could not nip the other puppies. Actually that worked. Romeo when nipped , went on a full frontal attack to which Ari spend the next week on his back, begging for forgiveness. Romeo holds grudges. I think we have established who is the Pac leader. Little Yip.

I love this messaging board. I often looked for help got only negatives on line and from trainers. I just found you. I am so happy to be here.