SAD CHOW AT BEAUFORT COUNTY ANIMAL SHELTER

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

annika1400
Rank 0
Rank 0

SAD CHOW AT BEAUFORT COUNTY ANIMAL SHELTER

Post by annika1400 »

Hello. This poor little chow was dropped off at the Beaufort County animal shelter as his owners took off for Miami. He's very sad and can't stand the noise from all the other barking dogs. He is 4 years old and around 7lbs. He really needs a chow rescue group to take him. I just started volunteering there; however, I do know that Chows have a different temperament and need someone that specifically knows the breed, to work with them (I have volunteered with animals for a long time though). It breaks my heart as he is at a shelter that, unfortunately, euthanizes. It's so sad! He was owned, had a nice warm home, and then after 4 years, his owners just left him at the shelter, never to be seen again. I am pleading with you to please take this dog. I can even help with transport if you need it. Please, please, please help this Chow. They tell me his name is Reggie and he looks to be a purebred. He's so cute and I don't want him to die!!!
Debra Jacobson
Annika1400@aol.com
Attachments
chow 3.JPG
chow 3.JPG (154.52 KiB) Viewed 2083 times
annika1400
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: SAD CHOW AT BEAUFORT COUNTY ANIMAL SHELTER

Post by annika1400 »

Beaufort County, SC
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

Hi Debra,

Just read your post on Reggie’s behalf. It brought tears to my eyes. Poor fellow! Just look at that sad face. I have a thought/suggestion - you might have more success finding him a home if you also put this post in the “Chow Chows That Need a Home” forum in the “Adoptions” section. More people might read it there. Here’s another idea - do a on-line search for South Carolina (or nearby state) Chow Chows rescue groups.

Wishing you my best in finding him a forever home. God bless you for what you are trying to do for Reggie.

Pam
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

Update on Reggie The Sad Chow at Beaufort County Animal Shelter

I received an e-mail from Debra, the lady who was trying to find him a home. Reggie was picked up by a chow rescue group this past week That news made my heart sing. :D =D= \:D/