Marshall!

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

marshallsmama
Rank 0
Rank 0

Marshall!

Post by marshallsmama »

Hi All!

My boyfriend and I were wanting to get a dog in March of last year, one tough decision we had to make was which breed. As a kid, my neighbour had a chow chow and I loved her! My boyfriend had never heard of them before, when i showed him a picture he immediately said "thats the dog i want" so we found a breeder 6 hours from where we lived and just our luck, they were ready to go home to a home a week later!

He is a celebrity is our little town, everyone knows Marshall! We take him to a dog park in our town and it is his favourite place to be. He dances and hops around when he gets a new treat or toy! We couldn't imagine our lives without him. He always greets us at the door with the tail waging and if we have anything in our hands he bats at us with his paw, almost saying "put that down and pet me mama" We just love him.

He had surgery on his eyes in Aug. His eyelids were turning in, or so the vet says. His eyes were running and he was always rubbing his eyes on things, but even after the surgery he is still doing this, and his eyes are still running. He had to keep the cone on for 2 weeks and seeing him after the surgery broke my heart, i actually cried. they shaved all around his eyes and he looked horrible. We also go him fixed when his had the surgery, this was something we struggled with, but in the end we decided it was best. He really

He has given us some trouble when it comes to nipping at people. he is very nervous around new people and in new places. my fear is that one day he is going to nip at the wrong person and we will have to put him down. i would be devastated. We have plans to put him in obedience classes and hopefully that will help. any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks for your time!
Attachments
Marshall Bear
Marshall Bear
392370_10151119877750804_545124536_n.jpg (78.13 KiB) Viewed 1298 times