ChowChow.org forums on your phone via Tapatalk

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

chowadmin
Administrator
Administrator

ChowChow.org forums on your phone via Tapatalk

Post by chowadmin »

Hello all ChowChow.org members!

I'm sure many of you have tried to view the forums on your phones and quickly realized that it is not the most optimal experience. Today I discovered Tapatalk, a smart phone app that you can use to connect with the ChowChow.org forum on your iPhone, Android, or other smart phone platforms. Tapatalk enables you to have a mobile optimized experience of the ChowChow.org forums.

The one thing I don't like is its not a free app, they do charge $2.99. However, for those of you who wish to be able to use the forums on your phone this looks like the best solution until phpBB adds native mobile support (which they are working on but do not have a final candidate out yet).

Once you've installed the app, simply search for Chow or Chow Chow to find the ChowChow.org Forums.

Then login using your forum login.

That's it, you're all set then. Here are a few screen grabs of the ChowChow.org forums from the iPhone app:
Image Image
Image Image

Here is some more information about Tapatalk and how to download it for your smart phone.
Tapatalk is a forum app on the iPhone, Android, webOS, Windows Phone 7 and BlackBerry. Tapatalk Forum App provides super fast on-the-go forum access to majority of the discussion forums that has activated the Tapatalk plugin.

Showing New and Unread Thread with Avatar and Number of reply:

Images in the thread are converted to thumbnail and allow full-screen viewing

Ability to see Who's Online and what they are doing:

Ability to search by topics and posts:

Ability to upload images directly from Android and iPhone!:

Forum Moderation support:

Check out http://www.tapatalk.com for more information!
Best regards,

ChowChow.org Administrator

Join the ChowChow.org Facebook Fan Page and follow on Twitter @chowchoworg
Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: ChowChow.org forums on your phone via Tapatalk

Post by Chowmomma »

so funny because I seriously just downloaded that app last night, except I got the pink one lol
Andria
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Andria »

I love the app...use it with my iPad at least once a day, but now thinking I shoud have gotten "the pink one" :lol:
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rio »

I have wi-fi on my phone so I just pinch bandwidth whenever I am out, failing that I have unlimited web usage and pretty good 3G so I can browse until my battery dies ;)
chowadmin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by chowadmin »

The Tapatalk version on this forum has been updated to the latest version. However the new forum upgrade also made the forum more mobile friendly when viewing on a browser on your phone instead of via Tapatalk. I am also looking and considering alternative forum themes that are fully mobile optimized for a better experience.
Best regards,

ChowChow.org Administrator

Join the ChowChow.org Facebook Fan Page and follow on Twitter @chowchoworg