Hello, New to Forum

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

karenmarie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Hello, New to Forum

Post by karenmarie »

Hello,
After many months of reading and visiting this site I wanted to introduce myself and family. My husband and I have been a Chow family for twenty six years. My name is Karen, my husband is Ty, Son = Harry (27), Harry's GF = Erica, Black Male Chow = Balou (15 on 9-11-2011), Blue Female Chow = Bella (10 months). We adopted our first Chow 26 years ago from a couple in there eighties that had raised Chows since the 1920s. Very interesting couple. We had previously adopted an Irish Setter, German Shepherd, Collie. I fortunately grew up in a family that provided domestic and wild animal rescue, this reinforced my love of all creatures, and provide skills that have been utilized throughout my years. Chow Chows soon became our families best fit. We Advocated for Chow Chows after we adopted Manny our first Chow.
I have read and related to many topics as well as smiled and laughed. I have enjoyed all of the pics and topics on this site and look forward to many many more.
Bella & Balou

karenmarie
Rank 0

Bella & Balou
Auddymay

Re: Hello, New to Forum

Post by Auddymay »

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you decided to get active! I look forward to hearing stories of your Chowdren. I see you get snow...what part of the world do you hail from?
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

Welcome, welcome, welcome. I found this site when we lost our Kimba girl and have laughed, cried and healed. Bella and Balou are GORGEOUS!!
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
karenmarie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by karenmarie »

Hello Again,
We are Mid-westerners. Our chowdren are snow babies. Bella is the snow queen, she fully enjoyed the harsh weather. We gave her the aka of Snow Queen all winter. She really doesn't care much for the heat and humidity, this is true of Balou as well. I believe his age has has changed his opinion of summer. Bella has enjoyed spending the past few months exploring everything outside, curious of all things. She has a personality much bigger than she is. She would loveto be the pack leader at our home, loves to try and manipulate all of us to get a desired result (many,many funny stories). She has proved to be a truly joyous addition to our lives, at a very trying time.
Thank you for the warm welcome.
Looking forward to more pics, stories, and wisdom!
Bella at 6 weeks (mother passed away)
Bella @ 3months loves Balou
Bella in early spring
Bella & Balou
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Karen
Absolutely adorable poses of the two. Nikki would love no humidity too, cause that would probably mean no gnats. (which we have found irritates her). you can almost see Bella's personality in her pics, she has that little twinkle in her eye.....too cute.
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

They are absolutely gorgeous!
chica_2626
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chica_2626 »

Oh my gosh she is STUNNING! Absolutely beautiful!
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

karenmarie wrote:Hello Again,
We are Mid-westerners. Our chowdren are snow babies. Bella is the snow queen, she fully enjoyed the harsh weather. We gave her the aka of Snow Queen all winter. She really doesn't care much for the heat and humidity, this is true of Balou as well.
Hi and welcome. What part of the Mid-west do you live in, I'm in Minnesota. I call my girl the snow queen too!
this is her a few years ago in the snow her name is Firesong she is 10.5 right now

This is my boy he was about 6 months in this picture, his name is Dreamdancer and he's 5 now.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
karenmarie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by karenmarie »

Good Morning, Victory,
Sorry it has taken so long to respond.I am currently working through placing my Mother (85) in a nursing facility with a terminal illness, that has made her extremely frail. Very, very hard. I apologize.
Thank you for the responses and the beautiful pictures. Firesong looks so much like our Bella. She is stunning! I love all of the pictures everyone posts, and enjoy the questions & stories. This is a very pleasant distraction from my current circumstance.
Our home is Iowa City, Iowa. Not far from you in Minnesota, in fact our family has had cabins on Leech Lake for almost 50 years!!! Our families summer getaway!!! I know your Snow Queen looks and Dreamdancer look like they truly love the Winter Wonderland!! Bella fully enjoyed her first Winter, she would want to play for hours outside if I was willing. Balou loved the Winter Wonderland as well, but at soon to be 15 ( 9/11/20011) he finds it much more enjoyable to watch through the windows of his comfy cozy home. To let you know a little about Balou at times the past 5 years we call him Eeyore(sp) (the donkey from Winnie the Pooh ) because we all believe if he could speak English his voice and pattern of speech would have to resemble Eeyore. He is very mellow, loves everyone and most animals, doesn't ever get to excited,and seems somewhat annoyed with to much commotion. Example: After I vacuum, Bella nicely distributes all of her toys throughout the house and Balou walks around,and around looking like he would be muttering,"Oh well, nowhere to lay down, have to move a toy, guess I'll just go somewhere else." Bella on the other hand is more like Piglet, wants to be part of everything going on and can be very humorous, Example: Balou and She will have a treat she will drop her treat, bump into Balou, Balou will give one gruff bark and drop his treat, Bella then swoops in grabs his treat and picks up her own treat and hides both. We tell Balou not to fall for it . Bella now has to sit across from Balou to receive a treat not beside him,this has eliminated that manipulation to some extent.
Have to stop for now, Thank you again!! Take good care.
Bella & Balou