Intro

Introduce yourself and ask questions of the forum Chow Chow enthusiasts.

Moderator: chowadmin

MinnieBunz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Intro

Post by MinnieBunz »

Hello everyone!
I want to introduce myself and my dogs! I've been lurking here for a few weeks and I can't believe I hadn't found this site before!

My name is Daniele B., and I've loved chows for 12 years now (almost half my life!) I been in shelter and rescue work for sometime now, only recently stopping to start my own family. My love of chows came from Lilly, my Chow/Shiba Inu cross that I raised from 2 days old. I was there at the shelter when she was born and when the mother refused to have anything to do with the pups. I took the runt home and it died in the night, the next day Lilly was the only pup a coworker could save. I took her home and she was my baby for the next 7 years. Lilly had a very tragic and unexpected death that left me very hurt. During the time we had Lilly, we also rescued 2 chows, 1 PB an one a chow/pit cross. The chow pit cross which we named Daisy Mae, gave birth the next morning in the shelter run and my mom and I had to take her home to save the pups. We raised them and adopted out all by 1, Baby Mae. Daisy and Baby are wonderful compainions and still live with my mom, they are now each over 10 years old. Along the way after that, my mom adopted a Chow/Newfie mix from the euthanazia table, we call her Tiny. She is now 7 or 8 years old.

So ever since I moved out, got married, and lost my Lilly, I've been urning for another chow chow. The oppertunity arose a few weeks ago unexpectedly, but it was ment to be! I am now the proud mommy to an almost 4 month old cream chow we named General Chow, we call him The General. He is a wonderful pup with a great personaliy, I could not have asked for a better pup! Plus he and my 2 year old get a long great.
I'm attaching some pictures, the first is of Lilly, the second is General playing with a party streamer lol and the last is of my moms Pack, Baby, Daisy, Sunny (my moms newest rescue) and Tiny in that order. That year Baby had to be shaved for medical reasons.

Merlin
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Intro

Post by Merlin »

That's a beautiful crew you have there!!!
Thanks for sharing your pictures.
They sure do all look content and happy.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Welcome!

I LOVE your little baby General! He's so cute!!! Your Lilly was beautiful too! And I LOVE your mom's pack too! All so beautiful and content looking! :)
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
MinnieBunz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MinnieBunz »

Thank you very much! The one of the pack was taken a few years ago, they were all outside enjoying the weather when I came to the door and saw them all laying there, perfect picture oppertunity! I charish that picture because the girls are getting older and I know they won't be with us forever.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Hello and welcome! Lilly was a beautiful girl and General is adorable! Your mom's pack looks like a happy crew.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Welcome to the site.

All the pack look happy and healthy. Your Lilly was sweet and The General is gorgeous - chow chows pups are the most gorgeous, I think and your mum's crew look well.
Look forward to hearing more about them all. :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Welcome. What beautiful chows and chow crosses you have. They all look good and content.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!